Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
Wow, could not even get an appointment to apply for disability until Nov. 30th. Dealing with them on the phone took long enough, they want to know everything except the color of your drawers. Geez!:sad:

Joni, After i filed in person it took a month and a half to get approval and know i have to do a phone interview for my kids to get approved.

y'know... I'd keep a record of the color of your drawers just in case, cuz you just KNOW they're gonna ask at some point!

You are so right Katie...lol Bless you Rox, get ready to stay on the phone Forever!

Take heart that your claim starts ticking from the first time you called in to file.

I actually had a SSI rep hang up on me. What I ended up doing was contacting my Congressman and they intervened for me. Finally got my Medicare card this week.

We were extremely lucky/blessed... on of Glen's benefits from work was they provided us with a company that actually handled all the paperwork, phone calls, etc. Not sure what I would have done without them.

How rude to hang up on you...I would have been ticked! I hope his ssdi will go back and start from the middle of september when he lost his job. T hat was when he got his first diagnosis. I think I am going to get a letter from the first doctor with me too, at least maybe it will go back some.

Might as well record the size and brand of drawers, too! Whatever you don't have to give them, they'll want! Whether they actually use that information is questionable!

Just remember, with a diagnosed of ALS, it is considered TERI (Terminal Illness)! You might have to point that out and let them know what you know about the law (in a nice way, of course :wink:).

Good Luck!

Hi, Joni,
I haven't been on here in a long time, but I live in Lanett. AL and was so surprised to see you were from Valley! My husband died from ALS in 2007 and now my brother-in-law, not blood related, is suspected of having it. Hard to believe. Anyway if you want to share or talk, let me know.
Susan - gapeach.

Thanks Ted, I saved it to my favorites so I can go back and refer to it. Susan, I had already spotted your profile before, but I did not think you were still on here. So sorry for the loss of your husband. If I am correct, I think I read somewhere that you attended Lanett Nazarene church too. I have a close friend that goes there. Would love to talk to you sometime. If you are interested send me your # privately.

Joni,

Just remember it takes 6 months of non work until you get your first check and it is not reto you loss the first six months. As far as the people at SSDI they told me we should have planned better to support ourselves for six months without an income. God I love our compassionate government workers.

Jodi

Jodi- Right! Like you guys were supposed to know that ALS was in your future! Wouldnt that have been nice!
Jerks.

Thats what I keep telling my insurance company.. When the forms ask..
Has there been any improvement?
I tell them if/when there is an improvement you will be reading about it on the front page of the news paper..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back