CAHPAH

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
MO
City
Barnhart
It has been awhile since I gave an update. Serena is doing OK. Her FVC was down to 18% at our Oct. clinic. Tomorrow hospice is coming in to get us set up. This will get her some constant medical monitoring. She remains as strong as ever. Early in Oct. she told me she wanted to make the 16 hour trip to see my parents in Fl. I was concerned it might be too difficult for her but she insisted, so off we went. Her sister agreed to go along and lend a hand. I don't think we could have done it without her. Serena made the trip just fine and was happy to see my parents "one last time". She is an amazing women and I feel so honored to help her through this jounery. I love her greatly. My very best wishes to everyone here.

And you, Jim, are an amazing man!
All the best to you, Serena & your family.

Jim all the best to you and your wife. She is very lucky to have you by her side. God Bless you both!

Jim, as has been said, you are amazing. Your love and care of Serena is so obvious. Thank you for the update. I hope that Hospice helps greatly, and am praying for both of you.
Hugs~
Ann

Jim-thanks for the update, wishing and praying for strength and peace of mind for you and Serena.
Tom

So glad she made the trip JIm...you both sound special.

Jim, it sounds like Serena has a very strong will and GOD Bless her for taking control and
doing what she wants to do. Jim you have a lot of people praying for you two.

Jim, You are amazing and Serena I know is appreciative of all you do. A loving spouse has such a calming effect. You and Serena are in my prayers. I am so glad the trip was a good one.

The Lord bless you both,
Judy

wishing you and your wife all the comfort you both need - she is a very strong personand did what she wanted

Jim, I know I am not on here as often because of all that is going on with me right now, but when things are down, and I truly feel worn out, I think of Serena and her strength. She is a true warrior when it comes to not letting this disease get the best of her. I so admire her. I am happy that you got to make the trip my dear. You hold on strong. You are such an amazing and loving husband, never forget your own worth in all of this. You both are amazing people. Keep living in the moments, as they are so precious.
With sincere admiration to you both,
Hugs, Kari

Thinking about you and Serena. I hope hospice is providing the care Serena needs, and you are getting the much deserved respite you need.

Jim,

I hope Hospice is working out well for you and Serena. Y'all are in my thoughts.

CJ
Thanks, Hospice is working just fine. They send a nurse out one day each week to check on Serena. Mostly to check on her lungs. It was just a hard pill to swallow. Now that it's down it still causing a little indigestion, but as they say, this too shall pass. :)

Jim,
I am so glad the initial shock of hospice is calming down.
You and Serena will be just fine as time goes by and the nurse visits becomes routine (at least that is how it was for Steve and me).

We just don't like change do we? I will continue to pray for you and Serena. Remember, He is right by your side guiding every step.

Love, Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back