Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
VIRGINIA
City
WOODBRIDGE
Once again, my brother's useless daughter won't take him for a doctor's appointment. Allan got a phone call yesterday around 9a.m. telling him a neurosurgeon would see him Tuesday. He then called me and I told him I couldn't take him. We're shorthanded at work because one of our staff had knee surgery a week ago and he won't be back till November. That means there is only two of us plus our manager. I told Allan to call Jessica and see if she could take him. After finally getting ahold of her she of course said no. She said it was too little notice. She's an office worker for a real estate agent. She never even tried asking her boss. Afterwards Allan starts going off on me about not taking off to help him. He starts badmouthing my boss. Now, my boss isn't the greatest, but unlike the last place I worked he's been very reasonable about letting me off to help Allan. I'm so stressed over this situation. I'm ready to blow up at my niece and tell her what I really think of her. Allan gets mad at me when I start going off about how little she does to help either of us. She'd better not EVER ask me to do something for her.
Allan got his appointment changed to Friday afternoon and my boss said I could have Friday afternoon off to take him. Personally I think he should call my boss and thank him for all the time off he's let me have. As I've told Allan, if I lose my job here because of all the time off I'm taking to help him I'll lose my house and the first thing I'll do is drop him and his possessions off at Jessica's house and leave them and this area for good.
I don't need to be worrying about my job while all this is going on with him.

You sound frustrated.

Google: capital nvc

Also consider: Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall B. Rosenberg and Arun Gandhi

I will send you the CD version of the above if you PM your address to me.

hope this can help you , she is trying to set up ways to meet , support , and help each other who live near each other , i bet your brother feels very helpless and sad that he has to bother you and you do need the help , thier are just some people who can not be counted on and that makes me angrey also ... Kinga Njilas ALS Family: If there is anyone that needs help in any way please feel free to go to this website & email me through it! There's so many of us that want to help any way we can! Even if its to just to sit & talk... Don't Hesitate to ask please!
Home
cickafund4als.webs.com
Uniting all those touched by ALS, Lou Gehrig's Disease.
about an hour ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (5)Hide Feedback (5) · Share · Flag

DCL it sounds like you need to have a good cry, or to go pound a pillow--get some of those feelings of frustration out. I'm sorry that you are having such a difficult time. There is lots on your shoulders, but it is wonderful that you are there for your brother. Often with brothers and sisters there comes all the old baggage of the past years and then you add a horrible disease like ALS--it would be enough to make anyone want to scream with frustration at times. Keep your chin up. You are doing a fine thing being there for your brother.
Laurel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back