Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
In the Land of Cotton
City
Way Down South
Do any of your PALS have very sensitive hearing? My husband complains that everything is too loud. This is VERY out of character for him. He had hearing damage when he was on the flight line.

Loud noises and smelling is increased in our house

Lori, do you mean that Les is sensitive to loud noises and smells?

super hyper reflexes surely could be the culprit.. super sensitivity is a real bother from that symptom.

Missy, Les is very sensitive to both smells and loud noises. He can hear the TV's upstairs when they are on low. I can not hear it, but he does. I smoke, and the smell takes his breath away. I spray myself every time after I smoke.

My hearing is worse but my sniffer is still sensitive. I used to say if I stopped at a traffic light and someone on the sidewalk farted, I could tell you what they had for breakfast.

AL

The amazing thing is that every loud noise BUT the TV bother him. He wants the TV up to horrible levels. Weird. Like several of you, he now has a hypersensitive sense of smell.

My PALS llikes his tv loud too, but I think its to drown everything else out. Whether it be his vent, or his neb treatments, or the washing machine, or me and his mom yacking, he wants the volume up. Especially when he watches movies. I always joke with him that we must be at the movie theater. I dont believe he is hard of hearing at all, but he probably will be soon if he keeps listening to things that loud. Since going on the vent, he doesnt smell much of anything anymore- except for cigarette smoke. and he really really despises smoke smell. always has though.

Fortunately, I gave up smoking years ago, so that isn't a problem! I cannot imagine the berating I would get if I lit up a cigarette!

I have trouble understanding people on the phone, Not sure why, mind wondering, or loss of hearing? BTW I am the one with ALS. Ready to give up too. Have not even seen an ALS doc yet. Pass the buck is at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back