Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I should have known something was going on! I am so very thankful. I have no words to express my happiness at what is about to transpire!

My husband has been friends with this family since he was a cashier at a grocery store. The lady asked him if he knew the difference between a thigh and a breast, as he added the chicken to the total. He was scared sh***$$! Ever since that day, he has been a big brother to her daughter and a friend to that family. That lady has suffered with a lot of health issues and my husband has been there for her.

Her family kept my husband and his friends out of trouble when they were young, by giving them work (construction). But, my husband was smart and did the paper work end of things! lol He could type really fast, so he was inside in the cool air, as his friend's labored in the sun.

The hilarious story's are endless.

The daughter came to visit recently and then wanted to visit again with her sister and mother and father. The father NEVER visits ANYONE. But, I thought, he's come to see DaddyO and that is great!

Cut to the chase: DaddyO can't stand it anymore and wants to show the father what he's trying to do in the bathroom to make it a roll in shower. They talk and we are ALL standing there. The daughter is asking me to interpret, but it seems the father is getting what DaddyO is saying. We are only asking for advice. She tells me I need to tell the father we don't need "so and so." I'm, thinking what difference does it make, we are just asking his opinion! She prods me to tell her father we don't need "that."

Her father calls me today, wanting to surprise my husband, doesn't want him to know! He's sending his plumber and tile guy over on Friday! My husband will be out of town with his buddies! He tells me "this is not charity." "He's done so much for ***** over the years and our family...it's our turn to do something for him."

I am so overwhelmed and grateful.

Wow! Often when they say "What goes around comes around" it is a bad thing but in this case it is truly a good thing.

Good for you and it will sure be a surprise for DaddyO :D:D

wow that is great.

I am sure daddyo will be suprised when he returns

Cheers
Peter

That is awesome! God does work in mysterious ways and what a nice gift he is giving your husband through this man.

How wonderful. So delighted for you both.

I love to see stuff like this. I always try to treat everyone I meet with kindness and respect, you never know who is going to pop out of the woodwork when you need it most.

wonderful!:-D

What a wonderful show of love, CJ. I am SO happy for you and DaddyO. The relatives may fade away (and some friends, too) when the going gets tough, but there are those special people whose love just sweep us away with gratitude.

What a true blessing. Thing is, it sounds like your hubby would have done the same, if situations were reversed.

Better have the camera ready for when he gets back home!

Wow I am so glad to read about someone doing something from their heart, Your husband must have been a great help to them in the past.God Bless & hope DaddyO enjoys his shower.
Sharon

That is marvelous! I am so happy for you.

I agree with Rose , have the camera ready! We want to see pics of his face! You both deserve this. So happy that your friend has stepped up to help. Another angel in disguise!

CJ my darling.. where was the tissue alert!? That's so wonderful! Please let us know the reaction!

What a great story and what a wonderful surprise it will be for DaddyO. Please Please take pictures.

Dana

CJ, you MUSt take pictures and share them. I continue to be amazed by the number of angels that walk among us! Cool Beans! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back