Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Vaughan
This is my first post on the forum which I heard will help me with coping when my dad being diagnosed with ALS in January 2010.
My dad was an athlete who played so many sports, he was such an active men who had a passion to help out in the community and to help others.

His symptons started with weakness in his hands then legs and he also lost alot of weight over the course of 12 months. I don't know if anyone has done any research on this diease is contracted... I have read alot of articles about chemicals in thr environment and or coming into contact with toxic chemicals. Can anyone provide me any other findings.

Thanks
Alysha

This is the best forum for support!

Now, if you want to look into research, I would suggest the ALSTDI forum. Plenty to read and mull over.

Sorry about your dad.

Alysha,

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis.

Glad you found us and hope we can be of some support for you.

Alysha,
Sorry :0( and welcome :eek:). My Mom wasn't an athlete but active and was diagnosed Sept 09 with probable ALS at the age of 77. Confirmed May 2010. This is a great forum to obtain first hand opinions, strength and support.

Welcome to the forum Alysha. Sorry about your dad. There have been many theories on what causes ALSbut nothing specific has been proven yet. If you use the search feature above you can find something on most of the theories. Try, toxins,head trauma, heavy metals and pesticides just to name a few. Hope we can be some help and support for you. Have you registered with ALS Ont.?

AL.

Sorry about your Dad's diagnosis. You will not find a better support haven then right here! Sorry you have to be here but we are happy to help you however we can.

Hi Alysha. So sorry your Dad has this disease. This forum is wonderful for support, and while we're scattered over many time zones, you'll get a response if you ask a question... or a dozen, depending! It's a very caring group. Welcome.
Ann

Thank you all so much for your responses... Do you know anyone who has gone to Germany or Mexico for the Stem Cell treatment for ALS. Are all of you caregivers.. or are you patients? Thank you so much for all your support.

Alysha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back