Diagnosis
06/2010
Country
US
State
CA
City
Orange
Please help in what has been working for your ALS patients in keeping them regular.
Oh course my father is not too mobile. Walks from bed to kitchen then back to bed.

He has FLD as well, which makes it difficult to instruct him on things.

Anyway, what has been working for in keeping your ALS patient regular.

My father is either constipated or has diarrhea.
He does NOT want to take COLACE because he feels its making him have diarrhea, which its not.

He has been taking Milk of M for constipation. But 2 days later he has diarrhea.
Please help

Thanks

Daily: I take 2 Tbls. of Benefiber in my morning tea. It has no taste and does not thicken up. I also drink about 6oz. of Juicy Juice (berry)...It is 100% juice. When I am faithful to keep the routine, I have a bowel movement about every 3 days. I am in a powerchair all day, so lack of exercise accounts for some of the sluggishness. My husband is going to get me some prune juice tomorrow. I will see if that works better.

Judith

If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find other threads that deal with this question. They might provide the answers you are looking for.

Make fruit and vegetable smoothies at least once a day with celery, lots of cucumber, orange, apple, pear, carrots, whatever you have in the house, but at least eight different veg and fruit. Whizz with enough fruit juice, pref prune, till thick lumpy liquid. Easy to swallow and after a few days will work a wonder. Guaranteed

we use Miralax nightly and it works like a charm

Thanks for the Benefiber tip! My mom has had major problems with constipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back