Diagnosis
12/2006
Country
US
State
illinois
City
Tiskilwa
Hello everyone....I have sure missed you all here! I was trying to contact everyone and let them know that I would be able to get on here again, but I figured this would be the best way to let everyone know without missing anyone!

It has been a long interesting summer. The kids played and fought a lot! But they were good as a whole...as kids tent to be. Earl(my hubby/PALS) is now bed-bound. And very sick of watching movies all day. We are trying to get him an "eye-max" system. Just in the holding pattern with the insurance company. That should be fun! He is on the bi-pap all the time now, but no oxygen yet. We use the feeding tube for most of his feedings but he still takes a little by mouth. He has found the he love a mocha coffee shake in the am and pm. I try to load it full of lots of vits and fat!

I am finding it hard to leave him to go to work at night, but I know that he is well taken care of while I'm gone. My job is not for now it's for later. I have no college and was a stay-at-home mom for 10 years before he got sick so my job skills are pretty slim.

The kids are great! Our oldest is in 8th grade this year. Even with all the "lovely" hormones going through him he is still wonderful with hid dad and sister. Just wish that extended to his little brother! Brothers..UGH!

Lexxie is our middle one. She is in 6th this year. We are getting a alot of attitude from her. She has CP and is not at an 11 year old mental lever, but we still get the moods and mouth! Can't we just skip the teen years with girls?

Danny is the youngest, he is in 3rd grade. He is such a joy..most of the time! He's always got a smile and a hug ready for everyone(except his bro!). He has entered the phase of testing the limits again which can be a trial, but we are surviving.

Mom is holding it together..most of the time. "happy pills" help a lot in the area.

Well I hope you all had a great summer and hope to see you all on here agian soon! God Bless!:smile:

Hi Chris,
Good to have you back online. I'm sorry to hear that your husband is bed ridden. I know you have your hands full
taking care of him, working, and rasing 3 children. My prayers do go out to you and your family.
God Bless

Chris,
You make my life sound easy. Thank you! If you can make it through a summer with a PALS, three kids and a job - I can make it through my day! You are amazing!
Missy

Thanks so much guys, but it's not really me....God is the only reason I can get up in the am and make it through anything! God Bless!

Cris, praying for you and your husband AND the children. So sorry your husband is bed bound. I'm sure you are, as well. Sending a hug with the prayer,
Ann

Hello, we have alot in common and i would like to discuss the kids if i may. My name is daniel and the simularitys with our pals are simular also. i dont have time now cause my 10 year old has a problem at the new school and my 12 year old isnt helping but all that must wait also cause Rob has to be moved, ( i am the only one that can use hoyer)
Hopfully chat soon.. Welcome and good to meet you

My prayers are with you and your husband. i thought i was the only superhero on the planet.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back