Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
OH
City
Brunswick
After much discussion with the other dads in the group I packed Jim and Mikayla up for a weekend daddy/daughter camping trip. One of the other fathers came and picked them up and agreed to drop them back off. They helped Jim set up his tent and kept an eye on both him and Mikayla.

The biggest "problem" - Mikayla swam out further then Jim could in the lake (with a life vest) - so another dad stepped in so Jim didn't have to try to go that far. They ended up home a day early due to rain.

All in all - everything must have gone very well - the other fathers invited Jim and Mikayla on the next sleepover - on a battleship! (In Novemeber.)

Ruthie and I had a Mommy-N-Me day that Saturday. I took her to the Kiddie Park. It took her quite awhile to understand that it was a day all about her. She kept asking for Mikayla - then it sunk in! She loved being the center of attention!

Jim is still doing pretty well. Though I do see some "slippage" from time to time. Mom had to remind me today that "Shell... he can't help it" when I was complaining about something he had misplaced. I know that - but have been getting to comfortable with the "Old Jim" being back!

His pain seems to be more controlled on the new pain meds - however it still has its moments too. We have an appointment in a few weeks at the ALS neuro. I also noticed his right hand seem more contracted even when at rest.

All in all - things are still pretty good. Now busy getting Mikayla ready for 1st grade and Ruthie is starting preschool in a couple weeks.

TIME FLIES!

So glad Jim had some time with his daugther. Those memories will last her a life time. Wishing you and your all the very best.

I'm so glad for Jim and Mikayla! We had to send our son off on the father/son fishing trip without my husband. There was just no way they could navigate the Ozarks. It was a painful realization for my husband, but he sent the boy off with a fabulous group of men to fill in as dad.

Fantastic that each of you have had a special time. Priceless!

Excellent for both girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back