Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I finally convinced him to go to the doc in town. Please be very insistent, when your pALS has a fall and hits their head that they seek medical attention! He has now developed confusion, irritability (more than usual ;-)), memory loss and has basically become dazed and lethargic. These are signs of real head trauma.

His goose egg is gone, but pain is still there with intermittent headaches.

All of these symptoms can point to a subdural hematoma. Don't take that lightly, as the doc indicated it may have to be drained! Please! No!

He has a CT Scan scheduled for Monday and in the meantime, if things get worse, a trip to the ER.

I really did not understand that a bump on the head could cause all those symptoms and I had become really worried. He couldn't remember things I had done for him 3 minutes before, so something seriously has happened to his brain! He would be adamant that I had not done it! He couldn't remember phone calls I'd made for him and insisted I make them (again) for him! He would get so angry! Then he'd be nice as pie...:confused:

CJ,

Sorry to hear of your recent dilemma. Thanks for the heads up as Don is falling alot and hitting his head along with bruises all over hence the new walker coming tomorrow.

Jodi

Oh, CJ how horrible! I remember being told that if a goose egg came up, things were probably okay - the swelling went out, not in. Thanks for the heads up!

CJ-
I'm so sorry that you're going through yet one more thing! I'm glad you were able to get him in to see someone and get some tests done.
Hang in there!
Love & Peace,
Melody

Sorry to hear your hubby fell and is going through this on top of all else. Excellent advice regarding seeking medical care after head trauma.

Fortunately he has his Batwife looking out for him.

You do live an interesting life. I hope all will be okay. Take care!

Jodi, that's great about the walker for Don. My husband's upper body strength is so diminished that he has been unable to use one. Yet, his legs are still relatively strong. He has major balance issues. He has the PWC, but I couldn't see him trying to find it at 6 something in the AM to "run" from a bat! Who woulda thought?

Thanks to you all! Please pray that he will be alright and not have to have a "brain-drain!"

I'm sorry if I sound flippant, but I have to keep my sense of humour or I will absolutely lose my mind!

Flapping my wings now Dana! Oh, but where did I leave my costume? The Bat Cave or the doc's office?

Hi Brooksea, Sorry to hear about your husband, I will pray that the fall didn't cause anything serious.

Good luck, I sure hope that the batty episode doesn't require a brain drain!

CJ, You and Batman are in my prayers. Girl, your life has passed "interesting" but your ability to joke is amazing. Love you.

Dear, Lord, thank you for my friends. Please help my husband! Amen

Hi CJ, sorry to hear about your hubby. Your hubby has the signs of a concussion. The more bumps the more serious the concussion. I've had some serious ones and can relate to your poor hubby being frustrated. Hope that it is not too serious and will just get better as time goes on. Good luck

Thank you little lady! I appreciate your thoughts and good luck wishes! Makes me feel better, for sure!

He's asleep now. Won't wear the BiPap, but that's another issue.

Oh CJ, I'm sorry... hopefully this is temporary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back