Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
OK...about 6:45 yesterday morning I heard my husband "running" across the bedroom to the bathroom. I was thinking "Holy $#!* What is wrong with him?" I was getting out of bed to check and the next thing I heard was BAM and "OH GOD!" Not a good thing, as tile doesn't make for a great cushion when one's head meets it! He could not get up and I couldn't get him up either! We finally managed it... He had a giant goose egg on his head with a bit of blood. He refused to let me take him to the ER. I was afraid he had a concussion, so I kept him awake and talking. He didn't remember how he got to the bathroom, so that worried me.

He is terribly hard to understand in the morning. He kept saying bat. So, I assumed he meant he felt like he had been hit by a baseball bat! Finally, I understood he thought there was a bat (the mammal) after him! He has sleep walked before, so I assumed he was having a nightmare about vampires or something. He was very insistent that there was a bat after him!

I tried to tell him he was sleep walking, but he was adamant about the "bat attack." I seriously thought he was developing dementia. But, overnight dementia seemed a bit strange.

Sooo....about the time (dusk) when bats come out, lo and behold, there is a freaking bat flying in our living room! He is losing it! I never knew he was deathly afraid of bats! He's in his recliner with his comforter yelling at me to get the bat! We have a cathedral ceiling! I got a broom and tried to get the bat. Its' gliding ever so effortlessly around the living room and I'm thinking it is really a beautiful creature in flight. I've got all the doors open to get the animal out. It dive bombs my husband twice! I told him to put his comforter over his head and not to worry! I finally ushered the bat out of the house!

Yes! I did LMAO! I couldn't help it. My husband is the bravest man I've ever known. I guess nightmares surface sometimes when you least expect it.

He told me the bat flew in his face and was after him! Now I believe him! LOL I haven't laughed this hard in almost 4 years! Thank you Lord!

Last edited:
WOW, that is quite a story! I am glad he is okay and you managed to get the bat out. I hope he recovers soon from this ordeal, and you too!

Holy ALS Bat Girl! That is really quite a story and you guys sure do have the adventures! So was he trying to get to the "bat room" (or was it the bat cave) when he fell?

Bats are such neat creatures and eat many many insects but they are usually best outdoors. One of the jobs that my wife, a wildlife biologist, is doing right now is bat surveys using an ultrasonic bat detector.

Glad you got the furry flyer out of the house though, I cant wait for the next episode! Same bat time, same bat station....

LOL Barry! I think he was trying to get to the bat cave to jump in the bat mobile!

I think my husband would like that bat detector! He is still freaked out! He won't let me forget that he was telling the truth and not losing it!

Hoping there won't be another "bat" episode. I'm sure there will be an episode, though!

CJ, are you sure that this isn't you? :twisted::twisted:

Attachments

• batgirl1966.jpeg
    batgirl1966.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 528
Holy Batgirl! I don't remember her (er, myself)!

I like the mask and cape. No make-up required! OK...little blush and lipstick!

What a hilarious story! Could only happen to you two! Will make for wonderful memories that bring a smile. Bet he won't let you forget this one soon. That's what you get for not believing the poor man!

brilliant story. But what a terrifuying experience for the poor darling!

great story out of a what must have been a frightening experience I had one of my uncontrolable laughing fits reading it, in fact still giggling, you are all so funny love your sense of humour
Take care
scouse

Very funny story! We've had a bat in the house twice. The dog and I hid in the safe bedroom while Phil got them out... CJ, that swooping thing would give me the willies. Your husband and you got your adrenalin rush as well as exercise. Bat Girl!

Hey Bat Girl, I really needed that laugh minus your husband getting hurt! I hope he is OK....
CJ- you could seriously write a book....

CJ,

That is one of the funniest ALS stories I've ever heard, partly because of your gift with words. We used to regularly get bats in our summer cottage and I enjoyed watching them swoop through the room. About 5 years ago I was at a friend's house and a bat got in and she also freaked out. I managed to shepherd it along a hallway and into a small bedroom where I closed the door behind me. I waited for the bat to settle on a window sill (it was a bit freaky to be in a small room with a panic-stricken bat swirling about me and occasionally colliding with me). Then I slowly approached it, clapped a glass over it and slid a piece of cardboard across the mouth of the glass trapping the bat. After that it was just a matter of taking him outside and releasing him but not until I had a good close-up look at him through the glass.

John

Too funny! HUGS Lori

OK, Cj.. I was reading the story out loud to Kev's girlfriend and laughing so hard I could hardly finish. I love bats.. used to have them in the yard at the house I grew up in. But yeah.. many people are freaked out by the little flying mammals.

OMG, CJ (AKA Bat Girl)! That totally cracks me up! I can't wait to tell Eric this story. He loves hearing your amusing shenanigan stories. H still laughs about the culvert episode. This one is really going to give him a chuckle, because he is the same way about bats. Thanks for the laugh!

I hope your husband's head is feeling better and he has a good night of sleep tonight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back