Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
IL
City
Divernon
Mom has PBP ALS - I was prepared and excepted that there would come a time my moms leg or arm will fall off her wheelchair or the bed and of course when she asked or if i noticed i place her limb back. but this weekend i noticed right after i would do that i watched her move her leg or arm off the bed and ask me to put it back. I even asked at one point mom did you want you leg there and she said yes so when i went to sit down she beeped me back and asked me to move it back.

dont understand, its like she moves them on purpose. you'll just get her situated and before you make it to the end of her bed she moves just to ask you to move them back.

does anyone have any idea Why?

You got me on that one.... maybe she considers this good exercise-- for both of you!

Anybody else?

Another possibility is maybe she is trying to shift position a little bit to get more comfortable, but since her muscles aren't working right she ends up knocking her arm off?

And it's also quite possible that you are exactly correct and she is using it as a means to get contact. I know there are times when I have to sit with Glen until he's actually asleep. It also sounds like your mom has her internal clock reversed.. sleeping during the day and staying awake at night. You might try keeping her awake more during the day so that she sleeps better at night.

caregivers seem to be the only one at least with my mom they want with them at all times and they can become controlling without meaning to i believe katie and halfin could both be right it made me think of my mom when i took care of her from a stroke but , when my sister took over ( i was home sick and missed my kids and grand kids and she lived 900 miles from home but wanted to stay where she was ) as the years went on it became worse , and another funny thing she did was when someone would come to visit her even the person who gave her showers and she liked her , would imply - tell her i am sleeping and she would fake it lol .. this was never like my mom before the stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back