Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Westhampton Beach
My young husband, and father of 3 small children has recently been diagnosed with ALS. I hope that I can find support and hope here!

Hi Tspiz,

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of support and caring here. So sorry you need to be here.

Northern Dancer

Hi Tspiz,

I'm sorry about your husband's diagnosed. You will definitely find not only support and hope, but love, as well, on this forum. The best info I have found since my husband's diagnosed June of 2008 has been right here along with our local ALSA. Welcome.....

Hi tspiz. Welcome but sorry you have to be here. Have you registered with ALSA or MDA? They have loan equipment and support as well. Use the search feature above or just ask.

AL.

Tspiz
I echo the statements concerning your need to be hear, so sorry. This is a good place to come for support, advise or just to vent. My wife was diagnosed in Sept 07. It's a hard road, espeically with three small children. Get as much help has your can. Hoefully you have gotten in touch with your local ALSA. We have found them to be very helpful. Sending you the very best wishes.

Tspiz - I am so very sorry to hear about your husband. You have come to a wonderful place, however. Everyone here is incredible. I hope you find what you need. My mom was diagnosed with ALS Sept 2009.
How old are your children? I have two, my oldest son is 22, and my youngest is 10 (he'll be 11 in Nov). I wish you lived closer, we could get together. Maybe I'll come to NY one day.
Take care and know we're all here for you.

Tspiz, I'm so sorry about your husband. I wish you didn't have to be here.. but you are very welcome none the less!

Blessings,
-mel

Welcome...
You will find an incredibly loving, kind, wise, BRAVE group here.

Peace,

Hello I belive you will find whole site very helpful I am sorry that you have the need to be here

So glad you found this site you will find alot of loving caring and very helpfull people here. So sorry for the circumstances that brought you here, but always know this is a great place for hints and a very non judgemental place if you need to vent. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Hi Tspiz,
Welcome to this site. As others have said, sorry you have to be here but it is a great site to find out info from.

It is indeed a world wide site, they even let Aussies on here :lol:

If you have a question just ask away some one will have an answer for you.

cheers
Peter

Welcome, Tspiz. I'm sorry you have to be here, but I know you will find comfort and get answers from everyone on this site. I know those days right after diagnosis are terrifying ones. It helps to know that other people are dealing with the same things you are. How old are your husband and children?

Welcome! I have ALS and have three kids myself, 14, 10 and 8. The forum is great, hope it will be helpful to you. :)

I am part of the young (well I consider 41 young..) with two young kiddos. Here for you! I have been visiting the forum for 4 years..and it is so helpful. Hang tough.

I would be lost and insane without this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back