Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
OH
City
Brunswick
:lol:Mikayla brought home a flyer for Medina Guides & Princesses from school - VERY excited because it's a daddy & me group - kinda like girl & boyscouts but with dad. Jim heard her talking about it and wants to do it too.

So I emailed the organization explaining Jim's situation and asking what they thought. Today I talked to the leader and they are all willing to assist him! In fact, there is one troop leader who volunteered to take Jim into his troop and has experience with dementia!

They offered for me to come to the group meetings/outings if I was more comfortable. I will probably do at least the first one. I told them if it was ok my brother-in-law offered to help "chaperone" the campouts. (They offered me to come - but I would be the only mom and my BIL already had offered this). Jim does realize when he is being "babysat" (his words - not mine) and would realize if I came - but he knows our BIL camps and already said he wanted to go. (Apparently that is not "babysitting"!)

I am so excited for this! He is missing male friends.
:lol:

Shelley -

That sounds like a lot of fun for all! Let us know how things go.

Awesome what a wonderful memory for ALL involved this will be, and what a great group this sounds like. Keep us posted we will be excited to hear about all the adventures.

Very exciting for Mikayla and daddy. Memories are oh so important keep them coming. I also have a McKayla love the name.

I am hoping and praying that this all works out for Mikayla and Dad
. Thought I would share with you a nice moment. My 6 year old had his Daddy's day lunch today. He had it all arranged and asked permission if I was allowed to come with him. When we entered the classroom..Quinn had cleared all the seats from the table so that Andrew's wheelchair would fit by his seat. He put the tie that he made for his Daddy right on him. Then he read his favorite things about his Daddy. His favorite thing to do with Daddy is play (picture of them throwing a ball) which they have never done. Then he said that his Dad's favorite food is yogurt..and his Daddy knows allot about everything. We then went out and sat with all the other Dad's for picnic lunch. Q was a little upset that Dad was not eating....but we worked around that one. All and all a great day. Quinn was just happy to have his Dad with him...present. Andrew wrote Q a long email on his eyemax thanking him for being so kind when he got home from school. I will cherish this day.

So glad that you had a nice day with Quinn & his Dad .Keep making those memories they are what really help.God Bless.
Sharon

Kelly, long after we're all gone, I'll bet Quinn will remember this day. Every now and again one of my kids will bring up something we did years ago that has long since fled my memory. These are the days that make us all who we are. The older I get, the more I realize that life is about moments, not years. Here's to hoping we can all make some sublime moments that our kids will remember when they are our age.

Dick

Oh my gosh, it sounds like your husband will have a great time and your daughter will never forget it. I am sure that this will be a wonderful break for you too hun! Keep us posted on how it goes!
Kelly, that sounds like an awesome day! Hope you got pictures!
Hugs to both!
Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back