CALS
Country
US
State
VA
City
Stafford
of all my questions! :oops:

The last few days I have noticed my dad snoring quite loudly! I didn't think this could/would happen while on bi-pap. He sleeps with bi-pap on all night and gets 2L of O2 for comfort.

Any thoughts?

Once again - thanks in advance!

CC

Do you have a chin strap to keep him from snoring? My hubby has one but doesn't seem to like it. If you don't have one, you may want to look into getting one from whomever services your bi-pap.

Sweet dreams!

Do you have a chin strap to keep him from snoring? My hubby has one but doesn't seem to like it. If you don't have one, you may want to look into getting one from whomever services your bi-pap.

Sweet dreams!

CCMominVA,

Yes that can happen it ussually means that the settings may need a little tweeking, or as hopeful warrior suggested if he uses nasal prongs or nasal mask, he may need a chin strap or different mask. Call your Bipap provider and ask for suggestions from the respiratory therapist. The reason for the snoring is that the pressure is not high enough on end expiration due to leak or need of pressure increase. Some people need many adjustments the longer they wear the Bipap, not uncommon at all.

Hey there! Thanks for the input. Dad uses a face mask, he found the nasal mask to be too drying.

He's been on the bi-pap since April, maybe it is time for tweaking. :) I will call the RT tomorrow.

CCMominVA - Both my parents use chin straps. My dad has a c-pap and my mom has the bi-pap. It's quite interesting to see them sleeping or when they first wake up before the chin straps and masks come off. :) Seriously, my dad used the c-pap with out the chin strap for a while and found that he wasn't getting the full benefit of the c-pap. I can't remember why my mom started with the strap, but it definitely seems to work for her. Also see if the mask is fitting like it should.

Spoke with the RT....decided it needs tweaking. She's going to call me back, usually tweaks need dr's orders, but good grief....REALLY?

Unfortunate that tweaks need dr orders...must be an insurance thing. I hope she calls back soon and does the necessary tweaks. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Thankfully the RT arrived - Dad's original orders were to "adjust as needed for comfort", so she was able to adjust the settings without a new order. Phew! Now, I just have to remind my mom that if Dad starts snoring again, he probably needs another tweak! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back