Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I love my brother, BUT, he is an @$$ !

He tells me if my husband can open the car door, then he can turn the ignition!

I'm so done with calling HIM! He never-ever calls us! He just doesn't get it! How many times do I have to explain?

He won't listen to me about ALS, for God's sake! He is such a bitter person, but I would wish for him to come see my husband anyway. Sigh...:evil:

Last edited:
I know how you feel...

I have a half-sister like this....I invite her to everything yet she never comes and I get pi$$ed every time. People are always telling me to let it go - just can't.

I won't preach what I don't practice.....best of luck:oops:

My friends have never visited us. My family rarely visits. If I were to wait for someone else to make an effort, I wouldn't have any friends or family. I'll make the effort, as long as it seems like they're happy to see us. People are different, some just don't like to travel or visit, some aren't comfortable in unfamiliar surroundings, some really don't have the time to devote to maintaining relationships. Forgive and forget and try to enjoy everyone for their individual idiosyncrasies. God knows I'm not perfect but they accept me as I am so I'll return the favor. Just assume your soul is more evolved than their's is. ;^)

Dick

my husbnds brother showed up at our house today he drove from washington state just to see his litttle bro we have not seen him for ten yrs what a wonderful surprise

CJ. my newest theory; You know how the Researcher's call ALS the "NICE PERSON DISEASE"?! Maybe they are nice people because they have such mean family! Honestly, look at the forum and see how many of us have less than loving, involved extended family in our lives and how the PALS and CALS that we are connected to become our REAL FAMILY! You have us so just look at the rest of those A**holes and smile. xo

I wish I could share my family with all of you. I am almost at a loss for words right now, so I can only share what is happening for me.

I knew my mother (91 yrs) was coming out to see me in a month or so, along with one sister. Now another sister is coming. Plus, my brother is clearing away the demands on his time in order to join in! They all want to see me and my husband, but more amazingly, they are planning a work party to help me get stuff sorted out and organized. I have been trying to get things going so that our home is clear for my PALs to get about and around, but have not succeeded in all areas.

I am overwhelmed at the thought of them coming - overwhelmed in a good way. They won't be staying with me (no room in our cute little house), but will be here for me and to help me get some stuff cleaned out that I have not been able to do, and that my PALs husband can no longer do. I have been worrying about getting everything done, and now, I will have help!

I just wanted to share a good thing that can happen! <Deep sigh of gratitude> And blessings on all those who step up to the plate and help.

Lynn, your family is proving that LOVE is a ACTION VERB! I am soul happy for you and I hope that you will allow yourself to be saturated with their love and support!

Lynn, you are very fortunate. And grateful. And unusual, perhaps in having the sibling help?

My church family (housechurch and intimate) is, other than Phil, my caregiving group. That said, Phil grew up right here and one of these women has been his friend since first grade, and I was blessed to inherit her friendship. Another woman's husband and Phil carpool the hour drive to work and have done for 25 + years, so these friends are close in many areas of our lives. Our brothers (between us we have four) aren't involved, and don't live close by. Love them, get along fine, but am glad I don't need to depend on them.

CJ, I'm so sorry about your brother, both his attitude and foolish words... and the inlaw siblings. I wish I could send you some of the caregivers (cloned) I have.

I know how you feel! Unfortunately.

I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. We have never head from my sisters and only seen my brother once in 5 years. We have 1 friend that still visits once a year. It is sad but it is their loss.

We try to carry on and make new friends but that is not happening either. Life is extremely lonely. We try not to think about it.

This forum is an extreme blessing!

Joel, I wonder if people don't know how to act around us? We make them uncomfortable? What they don't understand makes people leery ? Kinda like when someone passes some people don't know what to say so they stay away? It is sad and your family are missing out .. You and your wife are precious...they are the ones missing out..so glad u r on this forum...we love to be around you...big hugs, Linda

Joel, YOU and your sweet wife are a blessing and an inspiration and you do have a forum family that loves you! xo I soul wish that it would be possible to come and visit with you and help you. Sending you the brilliant blue sky full of love from the Prairie today!

I do feel truly lucky with my three sisters. We talk by email on a regular basis and I live about close enough to two of them to see them every month and the other who lives about a 7 hour drive I see every year. They are all coming to visit us for a weekend in a few weeks so that will be fun and I will have to rest my fingers for a day before they get here.

We don't have a lot of close friends and I am sincerely glad to have my forum friends that I can talk to anytime.

Joel I would sure love to visit you and Christine again sometime, not sure if we can get there this summer but if there is any way I will let you know. Take car my friend.

Barry

I feel your pain CJ! All but a handful of my friends have disappeared into thin air! Strange how that works!

We dont have much in the way of immediate family around here anymore. Just mom, dad, me, sister and my daughter. My dads family is all from a small town in Indiana. His sister and he are very close and she calls him on a regular basis, and has flown out to see them at their home in AZ. My dad has gotten a lot of calls from other relatives from back home. They are such a tight nit group of wonderful loving people. My dad had thought about flying back in June, but knows that all the stress and emotions will set his progression back. My moms 50 year class reunion is this September and her old classmates have all been in touch with her because she went to school (a very small class size) with Pres. Obama's mom and the press is trying to get a hold of everyone for some incite on the woman. (Oh if the world only knew the truth about that woman!) anyway, they are all trying to find a way to keep the reunion without all the paparazzi there, so in all the talking back and forth my mom brought up my dads condition. She has received overwhelming support from her old classmates. They all want to get together, go for dinners etc...but it is just to much right now. But I am really glad that those people are there for my mom on a constant basis.
Hugs, Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back