Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
OH
City
Brunswick
Well got my sleep study results back today - the good news is no apnea and it's not in my head!

The night of the study I thought I slept great - I slept nearly 8 1/2 hours. Well in that time I woke up a total of 45 times (though I don't remember more then a few times) most times I was up less than a minute or so.

During the remainder of the time I went from deep sleep (REM) to light sleep 159 times. So in short I only got less then 2 1/2 hours of deep sleep - which was interuppted! Also, I only went from light sleep to deep sleep, no "mid" level. Again, I thought this was a good night!

So for now they are going to give me a slow release sleep med. Also, they are chnging one of my other meds to slow release since it can act like a stimulant - so I will only take it in the am.

At least now I know it's not just in my head!

Thank goodness, Shelley. Oh, I'm glad they found this out and are working on solving it. I'm sending you peaceful thoughts.

Shelly, that's amazing to awaken that many times. Whew. I so hope your new medications work well for you and your sleep becomes "normal".

Shelley,
What a wonderful relief to know that it's not in your head - now you could stop the "I wonder" statements and find relief from that stressor. Good luck with the new meds.

BRilliant! SO glad you got that sorted and hope you have a bteer quality of life too now
Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back