Reason
CALS
Country
CA
State
Manaitoba
City
winnipeg
My wonderful mother who has faught long and hard is at the end of her battel. She is running a high temp and is mostly unresponsive. Her lungs are so full the rattle keeps me awake. She is being managed by a wonderful care team and is surronded by love. I can't keep anything down and I can't sleep. I sit next to her bed when I can stop crying long enough to tell her stories and relive memories.

I had a nap for about 2 hours and I woke up to a knocking on my door. She had just woken up. I went running down the hall. I heard her voice for what may be the last time and I waited till she driffed back off. I have just relized that I can not stay awake 24/7 and I may be woken up to be told she has passed. I have no idea how I am going to keep going.

Surrounding you with Peace, love and courage this morning. Your Mother will never truly leave you. hugs to you Kay Marie

Your mother is very fortunate to have you there by her side. Wishing you strength and peace.

Hello, I can feel your pain as I read your words here. My mom has been suffering for almost a year with ALS, and I fear what is ahead of us all in our family. Somehow we just take one day at a time, and try and hold on to any happy moments that come our way with Mom. I believe God gives us the strength as you will feel now to get through these difficult days ahead for you. Your Mom will feel your deep love you have for her and will help give her peace in her heart and soul. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom.

Oh Belladonna, I am so sorry that you are going through this right now hun. You know, they say that loved ones will wait to pass if they want you to be with them. If she doesnt, she will go on her own. You go and get some rest hun. Your mom will let you know what she wants to do. I am sending you my hugs and all the strength I can muster hun. Hang in there, and let us know how things are going.
Kari

God Bless you Belladonna ,I went through that almost 1yr ago with my father inlaw(lung cancer) he waited until everyone was gone except me & my mother inlaw,I was next to him telling him it was ok to go home to heaven. Get some rest things are in Gods hands.
Sharon

Hugs & prayers.

"I have just relized that I can not stay awake 24/7 and I may be woken up to be told she has passed. I have no idea how I am going to keep going. "

You will, I pomise. I went through the same thing with my Mom. I also promise it is hard. Lack of sleep makes a person grumpy, but you have to remember what you are doing, who you are doing it for and why you are doing it. Remember to breathe.

Oh honey, I am so sorry to hear your news. Please know that I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. As KayMarie said, she will never truly leave you. I am sending you hugs and prayers. Josie

Sending prayers. I'm so sorry.
Laurel

Belladonna what matters is the love that binds you two together. Though her body may pass away and disappear, nothing can really separate you. You have been both a wonderful daughter and a wonderful carer.
Sending youmuch much love and hoping you find strength from the knowledge that you helped her so very much when she needed you
irismarie

Sending you thoughts of peace and comfort. God bless you and your family.

Thank you all so much,

We were all so blessed by her waking up and having one last PARTY with us.

My dad who had divorced my mother in every way he could, came by the morning of my post. He talked to her for two whole hours! This is a world record as my father is a man of very few words.

My sister and I were called back in to the room as my mom started to come too, wide eyed and the brightest smile I have ever seen on her face.

She just lay there beaming looking in to my fathers face.
We left them again and they kept talking (ok well she points at letters but you know what I mean :) She finally got the closure she has been wanting for 8 years.
They used a lift to get her out of bed and into a giant couch like thingy. We took her out side and hung out in the sun drinking brandy and coffee and laughing our heads off.

I love her so much I am ready to see her out of pain. Our bond is so deep, she will never really be gone.
Her soul is ready to pass. Her body is still letting go.

God bless you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Too my mother! A shooting star returning home
cheers

Sending you hugs...no words can really help. Hope things are peaceful.

Brilliant about your father. What a wonderful story. You do spread love, dear Belledonna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back