CAHPAH

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
MO
City
Barnhart
At age 40 my wife returned to school and recieved a BS in ele. ed. She has been teaching for 4 years and actually started noticing systems of ALS at about the same time. Since she is one year short of tenure she was worried about not being offered a contract for next year but Wed. she got her contract! Unless she suddenly stops progressing, I don't see any way she will be able to teach next fall but simply knowing that the option is there if she can is a blessing. Just wanted to share this little peice of good news :p

How empowering! This is definitely a proud moment, and a validating one at that. I hope that the summer brings little or no changes so that she can start the school year and who knows......
Keep the dream alive!

Congratulations

That's great news! Especially in light of what's happening in school districts all over the country. My kid's high school is up for losing six nontenured positions this coming fall. One of them is the chief driving force behind the Robotics Club that my daughter presides over.

Here's to hoping her progression is slow and she can continue to influence those minds (and maybe spur one of them to become a researcher for the cause).

That's wonderful news. I will pray for very slow progression. Josie

fantastic news. So very very pleased as that positive decision must make a huge difference for her state of mind.

Good news, I hope that she can keep on teaching for a long time yet!

I love waking up to some wonderful news..... She must be a real fighter and i love that. Take care and hugs to both of you, L

Oh yes, your wife is, and has been quite the inspiration! She is really teaching those kids more than what is in the school books!
Please tell her Contrats!
Hugs, Kari

How exciting, she is an inspiration and we are praying for very slow progression. Those kids would be blessed by her teaching I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back