Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
OH
City
Brunswick
What a beautiful day. We were playing outside when the neighbor walks over to talk. Immediately a sense of dread came over me. I was right.

Apparently Jim walked right in front of a car when getting the mail. Did not look before he crossed (our mailbox is across the street) or react when he saw the car. Just sorta blankly stared at it. (If you know FTD - you know that look.)

I don't know why this suprises me with his dementia ... but it just seems like we are falling so fast again. I can't bring it up to him because I know it will just increase his aggitation. I have been pow-wowing with my mom and his aunt to come up with a new plan of action. As of now I am taking FLMA to cover the few extra shifts I picked up this month. I have managed a babysitter for the girls one day (at her house) and my BFF is coming to sit with Jim that day. Thank goodness she is free that day. She and Jim are friends too so he should be comfortable with her - though I am sure it will be akward at first. She may take him to run errands which he'll like.

I just feel like all of our plans are getting put in fast forward. First it was when he can't drive ... the BAM... then when he can't care for the kids.... BAM. We know we have to plan further ... but God we are barely staying ahead of the ball. I am afraid the next slip we will be crushed!

oh, poor SHelley, darling. YOu are so right; THis damned thing is always a step ahead of us no matter how hard we try. It is the master and we are its slave
Thnak Heaven you have at least your mother and his aunt. I hope with all my heart that social or medical services willcome up with sime special ideas and more help.
SO so sorry
Loads of love
IRis

Rabbit hole indeed. Thoughts and prayers for you.
Dick

Shelley, I am so sorry that this is happening. I too am feeling the sting that lies between independence and safety. I wish we lived closer(Brunswick-Wooster) close, but still too far. We will say Mi Shebrakh for Jim (the Jewish prayer of healing) this Shabbat, and hold all of you very close to our hearts. --JK

Oh Shelly,
My heart hurts for you and Jim. You are both in my prayers.

Peace,
Melody

I'm praying for you and your family. Actually, praying for all of us sounds like a grand idea.

Today my Sister came in from DC and we took everyone to the park. I am carrying our little one and holding Mikayla's hand and Jim just crosses the parking lot - did not look again. My sister was pushing our 2 yr olds (hers & mine) and I was entertaining my 10mo old nephew. Next thing we knew Jim was gone - apparently went to find the restroom - he had already looked and their wasn't one but went to check again. He just wondered off. I feel like this is such a sudden change.

Shelley -
I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through... I can't even imagine.

Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes.

Shelley, You and Jim are in my prayers. I am so sorry it has been so rough.

this has got to be such a tuff place to be ... my thought's are with you and family , make sure you take time somehow for yourself somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back