Diagnosis
08/2007
Country
US
State
New York
City
Bloomingdale
So can I get everyones opinion on them? Don has tried them before but fought it would not take them do to the way they made him feel. Now after being sick for the last week he knows he is depressed and does know what to do. He is asking me to make the decision as to restart or not. I know if he doesnt it will only get worse but yet I know how much he does not want to start them. Any positive or negative feedback would great.

JD

My Husband is on 20 mg of Paxil once a day. He started out on 10 mg and was increased to 20 mg a couple of months ago. It truly makes his/our life smoother on this journey. Good luck.

you could try a different one , you just have to find the right one

Work with your doctors to try different medications and/or combinations. My doctor and I have adjusted dosages and meds until I got to a point that I felt fine. I am not 100%, there is still depression - but it does not hinder my life like it did. If I were to rank my mood it went from about a 3 to a 7 most days. I take a combination of Paxil & Wellbutrin.

Totally agree.. work with your doctor on finding the RIGHT anti-depressent. Glen started with Welbutrin.. NOT a good fit at all, made him suicidal. Switched to Celexa.. worked for a while but seemed to plateau. Psychiatrist reduced the Celexa, added Seroquel and now we have added in Ativan. Getting the right mix seems to require constant tweaking and supervision, but it's well worth it.

Thank you everyone, have tried again to start he took two days and is now refusing. Not good I know and have tried over and over again the importance of a maintance as when he is going to really need them it is going to take awhile. Stubborn but that is ok that is also why he generally is doing so well and not giving up. Thank you for being here to bounce ideas and thought off.

OK he needs to give his body a couple of weeks to adjust. Is the doctor starting him slow and building up, or just jumping in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back