Reason
CALS
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
City
Chase
My husband was diagnosed with ALS Feb 01/ he passed away July 30/2003. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him or the disease. This was a very difficult time and during this time I was with a ALS Chat Group that was fantastic. This group gave me a lot of medical advice; equipment advice; personal advice, and lots of love.
The members were always there for me to share all of their knowledge. This was so helpful during this incredibly difficult time. His progression was very quick within 6 mos, he was bed ridden. His arms went before his legs, so he was very top heavy. He went from 190 lbs to 145-150. I was his sole caregiver until the last 6 months, when I had some respite help. Being the caregiver definately can take its toll on you. So I would be happy to share my knowledge with you, and try to make things easier for you if I can. My husband Ray, passed away at home. It was his wishes for me not to stay in the house, to move to a warmer climate (from Prince George B.C. to Chase B.C.), which I did.
I have remarried, but there is not a day that goes by without thinking of this terrible journey we had. Every day I think of him, how much I loved him, and how I miss him, but I know he is in heaven free of this pain.

Thank you Debbie and welcome to our forum family. I live in a town where I am the only PALS and it is a three hour drive to Edmonton to attend any kind of face to face support group so this place is it for me. Any knowledge that you want to share is appreciated so jump in anytime!

Barry

Welcome to the forum! I am very sorry about your husband. I hope you can find peace in your new marriage. We welcome your involvement and wisdom. Please feel free to jump in at any time.

Hi debbie!

Thank you for posting and sorry about your husband. Any advice you have will be welcomed.

Thank you Debbie.....may be calling on you for some caregiving advice.
Kelly

Thank you so much and WELCOME to the forum!

Welcome! It's always nice to have the reflections and perspective of one who has lived this journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back