CAHPAH

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
MO
City
Barnhart
Phil, The other day I snapped at you pretty quick about your comment on death being a relief to those you love you. I'm sorry. Not long after that I was talking to my daughters about the possiblity of their mom returning to school next Aug. to teach and my daughter made the comment that she hoped her mom was not still around then. I guess she could see the look on my face because she ask me if that was a terrible thought and I quickly (note to self: never answer these questions quickly) and I said "yes". Later, after I had thought about it awhile, I went back to her and said that just because I had said the thouht was terrible did not mean that I thought she was a terrible person. Believe me I do not know a more loving person the these child and there is no doubt that she loves her mother very much. I told her that ALS was terrible in many ways and one of them was that it caused such a loving daughter to think thoughts such as that. I told her that her comment had made me think and I do understand how she feels. It's not her it's the ALS. Maybe Phil I just didn't want to think that I was such a bad person as to have those thoughts and feeling myself. "and a little child shall lead them"

Re: apology to Phil M

Phil, The other day I snapped at you pretty quick about your comment on death being a relief to those you love you. I'm sorry. Not long after that I was talking to my daughters about the possibility of their mom returning to school next Aug. to teach and my daughter made the comment that she hoped her mom was not still around then. I guess she could see the look on my face because she ask me if that was a terrible thought and I quickly (note to self: never answer these questions quickly) and I said "yes". Later, after I had thought about it awhile, I went back to her and said that just because I had said the thought was terrible did not mean that I thought she was a terrible person. Believe me I do not know a more loving person the these child and there is no doubt that she loves her mother very much. I told her that AL'S was terrible in many ways and one of them was that it caused such a loving daughter to think thoughts such as that. I told her that her comment had made me think and I do understand how she feels. It's not her it's the AL'S. Maybe Phil I just didn't want to think that I was such a bad person as to have those thoughts and feeling myself. "and a little child shall lead them"

Its OK, I didn't take it badly. I just think its hard for our loved ones to see us in misery. I don't support assisted (you know what), and I plan on putting up a good fight. The only thing that makes me emotional is when I think about what I'm doing to my family's emotions. I tears me up to see them so worried about me. I want them to feel relief when my day comes. I think it will help them get closier. I don't approve with the video we watched. That guy still had quality of life! Maybe there is one good thing about the video. It shows people how serious this disease is! If everybody had some exposure to this disease, there would be a lot more funds to find the cure.

Phil, Thanks. It amazes me the range of emotions your go through and the speed at which they can change. You hang in there and God Bless.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back