Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
US
State
IL
City
Plainfield
My mother is in the ending stages of ALS. We just started hospice today. It was horrible, my mom was so emotional, she said she just wanted to die. I feel numb, but then at times I hurt so much I can't breathe. I'm so sorry to everyone that is going through this disease, and the people around you. I'm just on here to vent and maybe get some information on what everyone else's story is. Thank you for listening, and I'm here to listen for you as well. Are any of you on here using a hospice in the Chicagoland area, and if so which one. We are using Vitas and I was just wondering if anyone had used them before. Again, thank you, and stay strong! Jenny

Hi Again Jenny, sorry I am not from your area. I am so sorry you are going through such a hard time right now sweetie. Hospice will be a big help for you and your family. Its hard watching your mom wanting to give up. She will hopefully feel better tomorrow. I am so glad you found us here. YOU keep staying strong!
Hugs hun,
Kari

Hi Jenny. OK, first, take a breath... pay attention to it... ok. So, we are in California, but used Vitas when my mom was in the end stages of lung cancer and they were WONDERFUL. OK, we had one nurse that was kind of psycho and we did file a complaint about her, but generally they were all wonderful, and the caregivers became like family. Don't hesitate to ask them questions, don't hesitate to call the main number if you aren't comfortable with something... they are there to help but they aren't mind readers.

Hang in there.. and come vent whenever you need to. Sending lots of hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back