How to keep from being a blubbering idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Took my son to the doctor this afternoon...Turns out he has severs disease, not real serious. He's a BIG boy and stuff ain't catching up with his growth. So we are leaving, waiting to get the order for radiology and the doc asks about my husband. I can't get the words out dammit! Then she says she won't ask me if it upsets me! WAAAAHHHHAAAA! BOOOOOOHOOOOOO! Blubbering ijit I am! Trying to talk while she is hugging me and then I suck it up and tell my son to get a tattoo or sticker! Hell, I need the damn tattoo or sticker! LOL

I usually don't lose it, but seems the stress is getting to me.

Doc called personally to tell me my son's hips are not affected and he wont have to go to an Ortho. He just needs PT on his ankles, as he is limping and can't run or walk without pain.

PICKLES! LOL

That's a tough situation CJ. People here might have advice about the blubbering but I think the idiot part is going to be up to you. ;)

Nice to know your son's going to be OK!

CJ, I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. That type of thing happened to me many times. Hey, as long as the person is understanding and compassionate, take the hugs! I was at the Dr. today myself, and he asked about my husband, and I had to tell him about his passing. Sigh. Seems like ALS sucks even when it's over. Well, let's face it, it changes you forever. Here is a big hug from me to you. ((((((((((( CJ))))))))))))

Oh, my dear dear CJ!

Can sooo relate to you and your blubbering moment! Aside from the tragic reality of it all...are you PMSing?! :roll: :evil:

Sending you tons of love and an extra emotional armor shield to wear to protect against too much kindness and well intentioned concern!

Love,
Melody

CJ the reason that you are the good compassionate person that you are is because you can break down and blubber --you don't bottle up your feelings indefinitely and let them to turn to anger or resentment. I would say blubbering under your circumstances is totally okay. It is a very healthy thing. Even if people are uncomfortable about it on the surface, 99% will understand and just want to hug you and console you. Blessings to you and yours.
Laurel

CJ you are a fearless leader, and I am so sorry you have to go through yet another thing. ANY thing right now is going to be a big deal for you because your plate is full! After my husband died 2 years ago, I was a blubbering idiot everyday. The people at Walgreens always gave me a hug, because I never stopped crying for a LONG time. Now, when people ask I still get all choked up. The emotional pain is there, and crying is the ONLY way to get it out. You are on over flow my dear! Maybe go and get some dishes at the goodwill and just start breaking them! What ever helps right? Hang in there hun!
Hugs, Kari

that crying!No matter if it helps, if it harms, no matter what it does, it is the fact that it becomes uncontrollable that is so annoying. When you want to say something quite important - or so it seems at the time - and all you can do is cry! Oh, I hate it so much. It is hard for the people with you, too. And then all you are left with is a headache and red eyes!
I hope the future, startin from now, gives you millions of reasons to laugh and smile, though the tears will always be there..
Sending love to all

from one blubbering idiot to another.......i don't have a clue how to stop it, and worse yet is the slurring so i couldn't even explain what i was feeling. i guess we should just cut ourselves some slack because this is just hard, sad stuff.......it truly is cry worthy. i was in a store the other day and the saleslady just got off the phone and she was crying because her husband's car was having trouble on the highway, plus she had a really bad sinus cold.....now she might be a blubbering idiot.....but us...we have the right to cry...all we want....

CJ..I wouldn't call you 'blubbering' and never ever an idiot! Compassionate, loving, dedicated...OCD, stubborn..hmmm...steady, wrathful, southern...honorable... Are you smiling yet? I really love it when people call me..dedicated!. Such a normal word but not one I want in reference to me right now....

Seriously You're doing a wonderful job juggling things right now. If you need to loss it every once in awhile, then have at it. If others can't understand then they should be ashamed of themselves for having such a low amount of human kindness!

Look at it this way...at least you aren't laughing when you shouldn't. I smack Earl's head into the wall and almost double over laughing because I'm so upset. Thank God he understands that I'm not really laughing 'cause I think it's funny......such a Joy this is(ALS)

Hello. My name is Katie and I blubber.

Seriously, my wonderful grief counselor is always proud of me when I tell her I've been crying (or throwing things.. I'm big on throwing things) We have every right to be angry at what our PALS are going through, and what WE are going through.. so blubber away dear CJ.. it's much better than getting an ulcer!

Thanks to you all!

I know I will probably continue to blubber, but I'll try to keep the idiocy to a minimum!

I know there are others that have a situation much worse than I. So today is a better day. (Just don't ask me how my husband is doing! LOL)

gee CJ, I totally missed this thread so here I am offering belated hugs and support! Kay Marie

CJ..I'm totally there...I HATE when people ask "How is you husband doing?" As if they expect me to say he's getting better or something. I'm usually lost as to an answer and want to double up and cry.......Hugs to You!

My answer to "How are you doing?" is generally "hangin' in"

My answer to "How's Glen doing?" is usually a shrug accompanied by "Not great"

After the way my life has gone the past 6 months... I'm just to tired to "make nice."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back