Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
N/A
City
N/A
I'm tempted to post my feelings about being a caregiver but, do not want the person I am being a caregiver to, to read it. What should I do?

I want you to feel welcome here, does you Pals visit the forum?

Maybe register another name as an alias. I remember reading a post where another member did just that.

oh goodness, well maybe you could not be specific with your concerns. I hope we can be helpful in some way to you.

Sparky..You can write all you want to. You just need to be a little cautious. As a caregiver you need to be able to vent to someone who will truly understand what you are saying. You don't have to give names or dates. We here understand and can even give grassrootrs advice for concerns you have along the way. I hope you decide to just the family here....

Hugs and Prayers.....c

Maybe you could pick somone you trust & feel comfortable w/ to private message I am sure it would be kept in confidence. You need to get your feelings out & it helps to bounce them off somone else.

Whats the point of posting if I can't be honest? I don't know anyone on the forum. This was probably a bad idea anyway. Thanks for your responses though.

Sparky, As you have not disclosed your city or state in your user profile and if the PALs that you are caregiver to doesn't know you by "Sparky", I'd feel free to post whatever you wish (as long as no names are mentioned).

You are welcomed here.

Well, It sounds as if you may be a little distressed. I hope you will be able to post to relieve some of the tension you may feel. As was mentioned, you can register under another name and be cautious about details. You will need to post more in order to private message someone. There are plenty of friends here willing to lend a shoulder and an ear.

Well Sparky, all of the suggestions here are good. I hope you will trust one of us to reach out to, we are all really loving, understanding and compassionate. I can empathise with your situation, as my dad knows I am at this site everyday, and he knows I am blubear, but when things do get tough I know I have made enough friends here along the way the I can trust any one of them just to vent. A different screen name is a great idea too, then you could start threads on what is bothering you and then we are all here to help. Just be vague about names etc.....
Hugs,
Kari

I think Pidge's suggestion was good. None of us really "know" each other. (except Barry, Joel & John)

I took that to say see who you identify with the most; read posts and see who "speaks" to you- you might think "she sounds nice" or "he is saying exactly what I think or feel". Don't know how long you have been here or how much you have read.
Give yourself time to check around; if you decide you would like to start with contacting one person, instead of an open forum, I'm sure the moderators could accomodate that.

But please, do not dispair. It is obvious you need to talk. You are not alone- we ALL need to talk. What do you think we are doing here? LOL

The first step is always the hardest- but it is also the most important!

Sparky, having an alias is a good idea. You can get alot of different viewpoints from the CALS on here. Please also feel free to PM me. My PALS (husband) passed last September and I would be more than glad to correspond with you and help in any way I can.
Linda

Why do you all think I should have an alias other than this one?

Hi, Sparky. Since all of our complaints are much the same I can see no reason why your partner should recognise you unless you are not careful enough to camouflage personal things.
But now you MUST change your name as every single pal will be looking and wondering;-) So start afresh, my friend. Or choose a few individuals here and let off steam to them. We will ALL reply with love as we are all in the same boat.
Much love to you and yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back