Diagnosis
08/2007
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago area
I hope this is not offensive to anyone, but I have a need to tell of my experience.

My husband was DX 8/07 and passed 9/28/09. Since then my daughter and I have experienced several things that we have no explanation for other than it must be Lenny letting us know he is still "with us".

My daughter woke up at 3 A. M. to find her lamp on. She had unscrewed the bulb (yes, all the way) before going to bed.

She and her boyfriend were in the family room and have heard someone walking in the living room when no one was there.

My bird (a large parrot) has freaked out and started yelling for no reason when we were not even in the room with her.

On Christmas eve, late at night, I was laying in bed and felt a hand going across my back. I thought I was either imaging things or my PJs were being moved by the covers, so I readjusted my position and the covers, and felt it AGAIN.

Someone tell me we're not crazy!:shock:

You are not crazy at all. We could correspond privately about this if you want, I don't think there are many here that would appreciate an open discussion about this.
Don't let it scare you.

Linda it is not offensive to me! Although I do not know what to say. I have already imagined this would happen to me and our son. My husband is such a strong presence. And yours must have been too!

Love to you!

Various members of my family have had similar strange occurrences. There are a lot of things we don't understand.

AL.

Wonderful! We should all keep open minds . I have experienced a near death experience as well as once living in a haunted house (that was NOT nice). Yet I still cannot say I "believe" in anything outside of "normal" experience. I just know there is a lot more far beyond our limited means of seeing and understanding and I try to keep a balance between letting things happen, accepting them, and keeping a wary eye open for charlatans who are ready to prey on us for power or financial gain.

Of course you are not crazy. You experienced something that could well have been some power beyond our understanding reaching out to you.
Many will envy you:)
love to all

This is a great subject, and I have lots and lots to tell about, but it is late and I have to get to bed. People shouldnt be afraid to post on this one. There is real paranormal stuff that happens after the death of a loved one, I swear! I will post my experiences later. THANK YOU for bringing this up!
Hugs, Kari

Linda -
I believe our LOs have ways of comforting us when they are gone. I know after my grandpa passed he "came" to me in a dream later to let me know he was fine and relieve me from my "guilt" of not getting to say good-bye.

I work nights in a hospital and am literally the only one in the whole department - I often "see" or experience things while there. Never freaky or horror movie like.

There are definitely spirits out there! We have to believe in a higher power. If you open yourself to things and experiences outside your comfort zone you will be surprised every time. May even learn something new about yourself.

I think it's great that you have someone watching over you guys!

Hugs and Hope!

Linda, I think that this is a great idea to explore. Joel, why do you think that people on the forum wouldn't want this as a open discussion?

I have a wonderful story to share but I will wait until we have the go ahead... Love the idea Linda

Linda, I think that this is a great idea to explore. Joel, why do you think that people on the forum wouldn't want this as a open discussion?

I obviously made an inappropriate assumption. From past experience I have found that most people are uncomfortable discussing this, especially when the discussion gets deeper.

you may be right joel, so let's agree right now we all may have different opinions and we love each way to much to say our opinions are right or to criticize others for theirs. please let love and compassion reign in the discussion. sure is an interesting topic though, and we do deal with plenty of tough topics around here and in our everyday lives.

Well, here's my story. My husband died suddenly 2 years ago at the age of 42. It was a heart attack. Talking to him one minute and the next he was gone. After he passed, I could still "feel" him around. The first thing that happened was I was in the kitchen and my daughter was in our livingroom and in between us is the breakfast bar. All of a sudden, for no reason at all, my husbands cel phone fell to the floor. (my daughter would not have believed this if she hadn't seen it for herself) Anyway, I picked up the cel, and thought..hum..why the cel phone? So, I looked in there, and there were pictures that he took of himself wearing his leather rocker jacket and the aussie hat I so loved to see him wear. He knew that look melted me and I thought I would never see him again looking so dang handsome, and now I have that forever. Then while on my computer the closet by the front door suddenly propped open. I thought, ahhh okie dokie....I said "Okay Randy what do you want me to see?" I looked down and at the bottom of the closed was the ball that was missing from his favorite bracelet sitting there all by itself! He had been looking for that for months! I now wear that bracelet. Now when my husband passed, I was not close with his brothers and sisters, but was close to his mom and dad. My husbands mom died about a month after my husband. My husbands father had not called me or checked in since my husband died because he was so bereaved over all the death in his life. One night I really really needed to hear from him, I needed to know he was okay, (as I was not doing well either) and I cried out to my husband and his mom, that if they were there to please have my father in law call me. The very next thing in the morning the phone woke me up and it was my father in law! He was calling someone else and got me somehow. It was the first really good talk we had had for months! I dont "feel" my husband around so much anymore, but I "feel" him check in from time to time. Also, after my grandfather died I inherited all his old coins. Well, I kept them in the top drawer in my dresser with a bunch of other stuff, and I woke up one night to the sound of clinking coins and looked up and in the dark saw my grandfather fiddling with the coins in the drawer. Needless to say, I moved the coins to a more proper box and he must be fine with it because I have not seen or heard from him since. Now, I am not crazy! (like most crazy people say haha) but this stuff really did happen.
Hugs, Kari

So... my dad passed away about 6 years ago now, and he hides things. If one asks for them back and says please.. most of the time, they reappear. On the night my brother died, my son's bottle of good Irish whiskey was NOT where it always is. After a search, and a polite request to Grampa, he found the bottle on the floor of his closet... covered by a University of San Francisco t-shirt. (USF was my Dad's one true love). Weird.. but kind of fun. Same night, my sister in law found the front door wide open during the night. This is a cop's family.. doors are NOT left open by accident.

Well, now that we all are fessing up - here is our story:

Recently, my husband and I were sitting in the living room facing the hallway that goes to the garage. My husband looked at me and said, "We have a ghost! Did you see that?" I did see something out of the corner of my eye passing down the hall into the garage, but I told him no I didn't see anything.

Then one night very, very recently I was up by myself and saw this figure kinda float/rush down the hall to the garage. I could not tell if it was male or female, but I know it was a spirit. I can only think it was the spirit of my husband's brother, as he lived with us for a short while and used to sneak into the garage and smoke cigarettes (that was a no-no in our house). We finally told him he had to leave since he wouldn't abide by the rules of the house and our son had asthma. Little did we know that cancer was taking it's toll on my husband's brother at that time. He died about a year later.

I don't know if he's checking on my husband or what, as he loved him dearly, but he himself was a very lost soul. Who knows?

Well, now I'm creeping myself out...:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back