Diagnosis
12/2006
Country
US
State
illinois
City
Tiskilwa
Hey all.. Earl is scheduled for a PEG on Jan 12th. We are very mixed about it. Glad cause we know that it will help, and sad cause it's just one more step forward on the ALS road. Hoping that the nutritional lady gives us more info on the PEG than the surgeon did. He didn't even want to answer the few questions that we had.

I hope you all had a peaceful Christmas! And Happy New Year!:)

Hi, Cris ... welcome to the forum. The PEG will be a big help. There's lots of information already on the forum on PEGs, but feel free to ask anything at all.

Good luck to Earl on the 12th. Hope all goes well.

Happy New Year!

It will make your life better! Hoping for a speedy and smooth recovery for Earl.

Good luck! Hope you will let us know how it goes! My husband gets one on the 8th. Hate that it has to happen, but thankful the medical technology allows for it!

Good luck to Earl, I know his peg tube will help him. It does make it easier to keep or gain weight and stay hydrated without choking.

Thank You all for responding. Somehow I know that you guys are just gonna get "it". When we get upset over something simple and easy......

Brookea..I'm sorry to hear that you guys have to get one too... will be praying for your safe recovery.

Good Luck to Earl. Hope the procedure is over and done with quickly. You guys will get the hang of the nutrition in not time.
Dana

Good luck to Earl as well. It doesn't take long to really appreciate the peg. So sad that you need it but it will probably make life simpler.

Brooksea
Good luck to your husband & you as well. The peg is so hard to think of getting but so good once its done.

Won't be long now until Earl will be a official member of the "Long Tube Club"!

Earl, once you get the peg, you must sterilize with your favorite hard liquor. The kewl part is it seems to be more effective , and unless you burp a lot , its not on your breath.

;)

I bet that the 60ml syringe barrel would be great for making a shooter. Gives a whole new meaning to having a B52!

Earl says "Thanks for the ideas!" he really loved the idea of the shooters!

All I have to say is that 'you guys are truly warped!";);)

WELL .. we resemble that statement.

60ml is just the right size for a B52.

Cris..some good advice we were given ...
Let the Dr.s know that he will not be eating by mouth (lie). That way insurance..if you have it..will cover the expense of the nutritional fluids. I call it our gourmet cans! Good Luck..it has been the best thing we had done..fighting ALS! Keep us posted on Earl's recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back