Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
el paso
my caretaker of 3yrs will be taking a month vacation. i contacted MDA and was given 2 names. one wanted 10 dollars an hour. way out of my budget. the other one wanted the job permanent. after discussing it with my current caretaker, she was offer the job. she accepted the job. my caretaker is leaving today and the new lady hasn't contacted me. we have left several messages and no answer. how can they be so inconsiderate. now what can i do. my son will have to help me, but there is no way he can bathe me. i am stressing out.:-(

Oh...I can only imagine how awful it must be! Can you contact the MDA and tell them that one wanted $10.00/hr and that the other one wanted a PERMANENT position and now that you gave it to her, she isn't calling back? This just stinks! I am so sorry. :[

we pay $15 hr for aide thru a service, a bit high but at least someone will always show up. We got a long term care policy, lucky us, pays $1500 a month towards this.

Here's hoping you got in touch with your caregiver and everything is under control. It is SO stressful when you can't rely on someone.

Good luck.

we tried her number again. no answer. if she didnt want the job she should at least say something. my son is sick today and having a hard time helping me.

Have you tried contacting the nursing school in Carlsbad. Maybe they have some students who could work for you. I don't think it is too far from El Paso. Or maybe they are home a holiday.

Cukita ... can your son call MDA again for you. Perhaps they can come up with part of the hourly fee for the first caregiver they sent, at least on a temporary basis. You can't be left without assistance ! Perhaps the $10 an hour woman could come by for an hour just to bathe you.

MDA should be trying to reach the "permanent" one. I bet she is having an emergency of some kind. It doesn't sound like MDA would recommend a flake.

How about ALSA ? Do you have a local chapter?

I'm praying you find a solution.

Have you tried contacting the nursing school in Carlsbad. Maybe they have some students who could work for you. I don't think it is too far from El Paso. Or maybe they are home a holiday.

FYI, it is 750 miles between these 2 cities.

Ah, let me clarify. Carlsbad New Mexico... they have a nursing school there. I don't think it is very far. Maybe between 100 and 200 miles.

Google strikes again. LOL.

The only Carlsbad that came up was the one in California. We are familiar with this one as we lived there for a year. 20 years ago.

finally my mother got a hold of my caretaker and she will be back monday.:smile:

YIPPEE! Doing the happy dance for you! Way to go MOMMA!

GREAT NEWS ! I'm so glad for you and your son.

You really were in a scary situation, and I am so relieved that it has been resolved. And your caretaker is obviously reliable and capable. Good for your mom. Still ... let MDA know how that "permanent" caretaker let you down! I'd hate for her to do someone else like she did you.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

So very happy to hear you have your caregiver back! And I agree that you should let the MDA know of the very unprofessional way the other caregiver has acted! Wish you the best!

Glad to hear that you heard from your caretaker and that she is coming back on Monday. Shew!
Good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back