07/2009
Country
oz
State
oz
City
RURAL
:shock::shock::shock::cry::twisted::twisted:

Maybe I should have posted this under the MY PLATE IS FULL or Does God hate us thread...3 Dec was suppose to be the day of receiving our first SSDI checks after the 6 month waiting period. I even have the "award" letters dated August from Social Security Administration AND WEB'S Medicare card with an effective date of 1 Nov 2009. Guess what?! The checks never arrivied. I called SS Administration this morning and it says DENIED! :shock::shock: There is no record that we are suppose to be getting any checks! :shock::shock: omg this is just toooo much. I called our Congressional aide and sent all of my documents to him in a pdf file. Our local office for Social Security [who did the intake etc] said NOTHING can be done today but that they will get to the bottom of it on Monday. In the meantime, we have had no income since June, have used up every last bit of our savings just to survive and NEEDED our SSDI to pay our bills for the month...I am just so overwhelmed. It isn't like they are giving us anything-all they are doing is giving us back a small portion of what he has paid into that all these decades. The Monkeys need to go to WASHINGTON and kick a---! WAHHHH:-(
Just ONE TIME I wish that something would be easy and that I didn't have to fight everyone all the time. I just need a easy day. Just one. wahhhh

Have you talked to Stu? Maybe he can help you.

Very sorry Kay Marie!:mad:

They certainly don't make it easy do they? Just when you think you can't take any more bull$#!%, they hand you some more. Doesn't matter what agency or company you are dealing with, as they could give a rats a$$ about your situation. Heck, they can hang up the phone and go home and maybe be thankful they're not you (doubtful).

I know what you are going through to a T, as we had a similar situation happen to us. Please hang in there! Believe it or not, this too shall pass.

Do call Stu as suggested. Every little bit will help. Wish I could help!:-(

kay marie, so sorry...this is such bummer news..i hope someone just made a mistake and the original award letters go through quickly!

Kay - did you site the compassionate allowance when you filed - they are not supposed to be able to deny ALS. Our reps at the local SSI office weren't even sure what I was talking about! I started to explain it to one lawyer before I decided - know what ... if you don't know what it is I don't want you!

Good luck. I thought waiting was 5mos - Jim's was 6 also. Another thing the attorney is looking into.

They count on you giving up - that is why they make it so hard!

Kay Marie, that just sucks. Why do things have to be so difficult? Maybe, just maybe it is a glitch that can be rectified quickly or expedited at the least. Has anyone checked the Medicare system to see if that communication went through to CMS based on your original letters? Wondering if he is showing eligible there since the award letter says 11/1/09. Gah I feel for you. Sorry this happened.
Dana

This is so awful! You did the right thing by contacting your congressman's office. This was the way I finally had success. Its a terrible time of year to run out of all funds. Like others have said, please contact Stu, his Guardian Angels foundation should be able to help.

Kay - sucks big time. Our SSDI kicked in about 3 weeks after they said it would. the payday is dependant on the ss# of the recipient. Hopefully it will still be coming and it was just a mistake. One thing i know for a fact in this world.....the US Government spends a ton of money and has little or no idea what on@!

Hugs, let us know if we can help.

hope you get that day real soon indigosd...

sniff, sniff wahhh My resilient spirit feels flattened...but, Monday is coming and maybe[?] someone will have an answer?! It is just so darn defeating-all of it. I am so angry that we spent our lives paying all these taxes only to find out in the end that it doesn't do anything for us. Those programs seem to only assist the people that never paid taxes or the people that are not citizens. I mean really, how is it that we made the application, got the award letters [which I might add is considerably LESS than what his statement of earnings says that we should receive and yes, I appealed that and was denied] actually have Web's medicare card from Social Security as valid 1 Nov 2009 and now they say that we are not in the system?! Oh, the absolute incompetence overwhelms me. The sad thing is that there will be no consequences for whoever made the mistake. heavy sighs...
I just can not ask Stu. He does sooooo much for everyone all the time. Matthew understands that we will not be having presents this year, besides-all he wants is a cure for his Daddy and I can not give that to him.
Thank you so much my forum family for letting me rant and weep my frustration. It helps so much to have the listening ears, open hearts. Today will be better, all those offices are closed for the weekend! hugs, Kay Marie

Kay,

When mine was approved, the aide to my congressman emailed me to let me know I should be getting the letter of approval and to start checking my bank account for the deposit, so I logged into my bank account as soon as I read her email, and the money had already been deposited the previous day. I think the pay date is the first Wednesday following the birth date day. So, mine being the 5th of the month, it goes in each month (direct deposit) the Wednesday following the 5th of that particular month. The check already had two deductions from it for Medicare, (that current month's pay and the previous month before approval was given) THAT'S confusing! So, I had medical coverage according to SSDI, but I really didn't, because I didn't have the SSDI yet! So, they (Medicare) basically took part of my first paycheck, and it is what it is. I guess if I'd had any uncovered medical bills I could have submitted to them to Medicare retroactively, but I'd opted to keep my COBRA until the Medicare was in place.

BTW, many checking accounts will waive minimum balance "maintenance" fees if there is a direct deposit. I'd thought this only applied to employer generated paycheck deposits, but, it also is for a disability ACH.

Last edited:
I so agree with Rose, please ask Stu for help! That is what he is there for! He wants to help people like you who are having trouble with the system.

Kay Marie! Snap out of it! Ask Stu to at least help you with gifts for your son! Look at the thread about Stu's Facebook. He will match you with a family that will sponsor y'all for Christmas if I remember correctly. I know it's hard...terribly hard. But think of your son and do it for him.

I'm praying for y'all. BIG HUGS!

Good morning Kay Marie I agree with Booksea. When you get your SSDI, you can help someone else. We had a Christmas without anything last year, and I thought the kids handled it OK, but my daughter mentioned something a couple of days ago that made me realize it wasnt OK. When you do finally get your first check it will be retroactive to 11-09. Lori

Kay,

All I can say is I'm sorry for all of the hardship you are having to endure and I hope things take a turn for the better very soon!

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back