Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Of course common sense would tell you that pALS need to stay away from any kind of chemical fumes, but unexpected things happen!

We don't exactly know where the smell was coming from (we think we know) but it was overwhelming! My son and I had a headache and scorched throat - I was feeling a bit dizzy. Just imagine how my husband felt! It was so bad that my husband wanted me to call the fire department! This smell was permeating our home! My neighbor down the hill was looking for spilled gasoline in her garage.

My husband believed it was the neighbor next to us sealing a cement pad. But he said the truck must have spilled chemical because there is no way the fumes could reach all the neighbors houses otherwise!

My SIL came and got our son and the fire department came with the EMTs. My husband had fallen asleep (passed out?) but he said he was fine, as he woke up when I brought the EMT guy in.

The fire guys said the fumes would go away with the cool air.

I was going to call these "special" neighbors, but the "reverend" that lives next to us is worse than a viper in hell! They know my husband has ALS and she is a nurse, They could have let us know. Oh, wait! These are the same people that tried to have a kennel in a residential neighborhood and as a result bred blow flies! We had to go to the county to shut them down. Can you imagine flies - nasty ones - swarming you when you can't move your hands or arms? My husband has done nothing but try to help them!

OK---I'm fine...I'm fine...

CJ, that is just ghastly! How are all of you now and is the "smell" gone? Sounds like I am going to have to unleash the "FLYING MONKEY'S" on those folks!

Oh, my goodness. How awful. hope everyone is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back