PA
City
Lancaster
Flowers for our ladies

Attachments

• Darwin Flowers.JPG
    Darwin Flowers.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 195
Pete, so glad to see your humor... been following your Air Hunger thread. God bless ya Pete. :) Send more.

Re: Champagne Surprise

A true story.

While working at an Army Officer's Club New Year's Eve Party I got a lesson on why the cork in champagne bottles is so well packaged.

On this occasion my tasks was to help pour Champagne at midnight.

And so, the first wave of people arrived at my station promptly a little before midnight. It was hectic but at my station I managed to fill everyone's glass from the decorated and iced trash cans of full and unopened champagne bottles.

We were told that people would want refills about 15 minutes after the first wave.

So I prepaired for the onslaught.

The real challenge in pouring the stuff was the wire cage around each cork. So in preparation for that second wave I removed the wire cages from several bottles and lined them up on the bar.

Just as folks started lining up again and just as I picked up the first bottle you can guess what happened.

The bottle in my hand released its cork with force and hit the class A dressed full bird Colornal standing first in line. In succession each bottle on the bar realeased their corks directly into the ceiling tile.

I immediately took my party dunce cap off ( yes dunce); hid the bottle of champagne under the cap and left the club knowing full well I would be court marshaled the next day.

Never heard about the incident again.

You can't make this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back