Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
Portland
I'm obsessed with fiber arts and have been learning how to dye yarn, fabric, and wool for spinning into yarn. Not long after my husband was diagnosed with ALS we met with a contractor who specializes in modifications for accessibility and does a lot of work for the local ALS community. During a conversations about what kind of changes we wanted for our house, I mentioned that while we had plumbers, electricians and construction workers in the house I'd like to set up a basement dyeing area. His face went blank, then confused, then horrified. After realizing that he had heard "dying" rather than "dyeing" and might be envisioning a dungeon hospice area, I explained what I had in mind and he looked greatly relieved. After that I have always referred to it as my "dye studio".

Janis, you cracked me up. That's funny! I lived in Beaverton Oregon for five years for work and have so many fond memories of Steve and I there. The beauty all around is amazing. Steve and I explored so much while we there and spent a great deal of time together discovering new places. It was truly the best five years of my life. Thanks for the laugh and the fond memories. I plan on going back there, going to Timothy Lake and will head straight to the spot where Steve and I shared so many wonderful memories. Dang, straight from laughs to tears!

Wonderful crack up!

There is a lovely man known as Shy Tuna who does tie dye shirts for PALS, they are known as Shy Dyes. I was honoured when he sent me one recently and some of our PALS have them.

You have to make a sign :D

ha! That is absolutely brilliant. aaawkwaaard. poor guy.

Oh too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back