Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
California
City
Los Angeles
Well I guess it was bound to happen. We went out to dinner with a friend last night. I ordered a nice cold pint of beer to go with my meal. As I was about to take my first, glass raising to my mouth, my wrist collapsed and emptied half of the pint down my chest and into my lap. :shock:

I guess for a while I'll have to drink a pint with two hands like I'm taking communion. I'm sure my drinking problem will get much worse over time :twisted:

We take long straws and he gets his beer in that way! �� when ther's a will, there's a way!

Sherry

We take long straws and he gets his beer in that way! �� when ther's a will, there's a way!

Darn right.

Good info. I learn so many important things on this forum.

Sounds familiar. I did it with a glass of red wine. What a mess.
Learned to drink only with my left hand (which still works, thankfully).

i use straws. if we go anywhere jane takes some with us. i was doing the droops a lot where i was drinking from a kids sip cup.

Reminds me of the time we were at a performing arts theater to see a comedian (Kathleen Madigan) and they served wine in sippy cups so you could take it into the nice auditorium. Wine sippy cups! Madigan did a hilarious routine on that and had a case shipped to her house. I'll have to pull ours out now that you've reminded me! :)

Hey, I don't know about you guys but when we were kids we thought you would get a bigger buzz if you drank beer through a straw. I know, it was stupid.

Drinking through a straw is better for your teeth...well at least there's one benefit!
God bless, Janelle x

That did it, I need to go out and find a "Curly Straw" to drink my Chianti and Merlot through! I bet the restaurant Sommelier will love that!

i got me some sponge bob straws now. im ready to hit some bars.

Oh Dave you he77 raiser you!

Oh Dave you he77 raiser you!

OK, curly straws, Sponge Bob straws and wine sippy cups. Good ideas. Only one day till the weekend. I better get shopping. :)

You go, Michael! Besides, if we needed to use our hands to hold a drink...WHY were straws invented?
Have a GREAT weekend enjoying your purchases!
God bless, Janelle x

the sippy cups didn't work to long for me. ones my arms start going it wasn't long before i couldn't get them high enough to use the cup. i have been feeding my self dogie style but that's about to end. i can't even keep the dish still any more. i hate to ask someone to feed me were im starting to do with out.

Is drinking alcohol a good thing for ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back