Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
Hmmm... it seems Spring Break is over. :)

Oh yeah! The crazy kids are gone. One shooting I heard about in the panhandle this year where a bunch of college kids rented a beach house and there ending up being a shooting.

Oh yea, I remember Spring Break well from Florida... even though it was 25 years ago. But... I was referring to something else above. ;-)

Drugs and alcohol make people crazy.......I don't know how I survived the eighties. I cringe when I think about it!

>I don't know how I survived the eighties.

:)

3 days up with no sleep . those was the days

Saw too many "Last Calls" with the guys. Too many times after last call I rode that Super Glide home (which proves my favorite saying, "Often... sheer luck prevails.") Too many times I bought a round. Now... none of those people are in my life today. God... I wish I could get all that money back. But, if good memories have any value... I'm a rich man. :)

> I wish I could get all that money back. But, if good memories have any value... I'm a rich man.

:) on a '62 chopped pan :)

Hey Max... I loved my Harley but the best handling bike I owned before that was a Norton 750 Commando. You could lay that thing down in a curve and scuff the sides of your ankles. :) The Super Glide would bottom out on left hand curves... that would get your attention quick. :)

yup and the 650 trumpet -- owned both over time. raced 175's and 250's out in the Anza desertin '70's

i had some good times on my 48 pan head. max i had the 650 nice bike too. but there ant nothing better then doing it in the dirt. my dad started me out on racing when i was little. i always wanted to ride like him. it would be nice to take a ride again.

A friend of mine had a Yamaha 305 Bear (street bike) and let me ride it once. That was one hellava street light to street light bike (Clearwater/St.Pete). It was a 5 speed and 1st was so tight you'd have to grab 2nd under the light. You could hole shoot any thumper so bad they'd give up and let ya have it to the next light. :)

Never did any dirt riding but would have loved to try it though.

Davebo49... me too.

yell the dirt ant so bad when you go down lol i ran yamahas there a good bikes to the 125 and 360 n.

I currently have a '93 BMW R1100R (I will need to sell as I can no longer ride) hands down the best handling, smoothest and fastest (light to light or top end) bikes I have ever ridden, (including my Kaw KZ1000 and Yamahah 650 Turbo) It is incredible.

My wife has a 1200 Sportster with the high cams (I know its just a Sportster but it has a he11 of an engine) and she wont ride it anymore after having ridden the beemer! My favorite for curve burning though was my Yamaha Seca 550, that thing could g=handle curves like nobody's business.

... live for the corners ...

just sayin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back