Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
One day a tourist came up to me and asked, "Where is Dune Din Florida?"

Told him, "I live here and I'm not familiar with Dune Din Florida."

He says, "Well... it's supposed to be right near here." (Central West Coast of Florida.)

I asked to see the piece of paper he had... it said Dunedin Florida.

(It's pronounced "done edin.")

PS. I wonder if Barbie is enjoying the tourist traffic around Orlando right about now. I sure don't miss the Clearwater/Tampa/St.Pete traffic during tourist season.

Well, after this winter... maybe just a little bit. :)

I stay far away from tourist areas!

My BIL and his wife are moving here this coming week from Ft Walton Beach. I was afraid that our snowy, icey winter would make them regret the move, but apparently the tourist traffic is helping them with their decision.

What we called a Beach Condo Commando (Retired),

Walking down the beach... black sandals, black nylon over the calf socks, plaid shorts, white belt, white tank top, heavy black rimmed sunglasses, straw hat, metal detector in hand with a Yankee accent. :)

Lots of airstreams, Buick lesabres and the like heading north already. Its a couple weeks early but I did my happy dance!

Hey Steph... oh yea, the Northern Snow Bird.

It is a bit early for their migration to begin though... usually they follow the Humming Bird. :)

PS. I've been thinking a lot about Florida lately asking myself, "Why in hell am I still up here?"

Steph, don't wish for all of us snowbirds to depart! My time here has been healing with the recent warm weather, time in the sunshine, the sound of the waves and good friends to keep me busy and not dwelling on my loss. Really dread going back to Michigan and being alone in my big house- afraid it will be a step backward in the grieving process! Every surviving spouse needs a "Florida" place filled with people enjoying the pool and laughter abounding. Home will be way too lonely without him!

Donna, I don't wish for you to go! But I am in Zephyrhills a lot. You have a lot of people in power chairs trying to cross the road, Northerners who are elderly who sit through green lights and proceed through red lights, and 16 year olds who jump the red lights and squeal their tires. It can be quite nerve wracking for a little town but they have the best farmers market around.;)

Al, you have had a pretty bad winter up there. Not sure I could live "up north" again. And I grew up on the Canadian border.

That's funny Al!

We have so many aboriginal names here pronunciation gets very tricky.

We have a place called Goonellabah (goon - ell - a - bar to pronounce.)

I had some ask me how to get to goony - le - bar one day and when I finally realised where they meant I was falling about and often pronounce it that way to friends for a laugh!

4 aussies:

Attachments

• 10435096_1021961487832007_9064564441508455308_n.jpg
    10435096_1021961487832007_9064564441508455308_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 155
ROFLMAO MAX!

The good old throw some prawns on the barbie joke :)

:razz:Max, where did you find that picture of me?

I am envious of the snowbirds--they have the best of both worlds in my opinion! Florida in the winter and the north in the summer! I live near the Villages in FL--tons of snowbirds

Barbie, you are SO right. TG there is always something to be thankful for! Most snowbirds here near Clearwater leave at the end of March. I will stay this year tillMay- Not much to rush home for now that my dear hubby is gone: A big empty house and yard work! But much to be grateful for every day.

I somewhat understood the Sno Birds from NY, PA, Oh, and the Northern States but (no offense to our Canadian members)... north of the Great Lakes summer is from 4th of July to Labor Day. Why bother? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back