Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
MD
City
Allegany County
I have to laugh at some of the mail that has been coming to the house for my sister who passed away in Dec. 2011. I opened one and it said that she had won some money and all she had to do was appear in person to receive it. I really had to restrain myself from sending a photo of her gravestone and a photo of her to them along with a note saying that she charges extra for personal appearances by haunting morons who won't let her rest. :grin:

It was probably one of those high pressure condo sales things. Sorry you have to endure these type of things. Maybe you should "Return to Sender" with a one word explanation on it so they take her name out of their daatabase.

How are the Pups?

Oh my gosh... you made me so giggle about "haunting morons." Your excellent sense of humor will carry you through these "mental GIANTS!" How is your weather over there in Allegany County? We are rather chilly down here on the shore! I do say we had warmer days in March as April has been rather cool.

In all my research about creditors, estates and changing names on utilities, I came across this:

http://www.ims-dm.com/cgi/ddnc.php

You might want to fill it out, if you haven't already. I think it may take a while, but the mailers should stop.

I keep getting the pre-approved credit card notifications for my husband, even though all the credit bureaus have flagged him as deceased. So, I filled that form out to hopefully stop the danged things from being sent.

Mystic, maybe you should send 'em a note saying, "Hey, I'm dead. Give the money to my sister." ;) (no offense meant)

I know that it was not directed to me, but I thought it was perfect. We have owned our house for over 16 years and still receive mailers for the prior (and deceased) owner.

Oh my gosh I got a laugh out of that! You should do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back