Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
A number of years ago when I was still working, I was acting for a friend of a friend of mine (we will call him Bill) in connection with a home purchase.

We had an appointment to meet at my office the evening before closing. Bill gave me a call advising that he was running late. I knew Bill's apartment was on my way home, so I offered to drop by to save him a trip. I warned him that I would be bicycling and attired in my bike clothes so I would look more like a bike courier than a lawyer. He didn't mind and accepted gratefully.

It was early spring. It had been freezing in the morning and I had dressed accordingly in my jacket and lycra pants. Now, as I left work it was very warm and I was way overdressed. By the time I arrived at Bill's house sweat was literally pouring off of me.

I apologized for my appearance as Bill invited me in.

We sat down and went over the closing documents. Throughout our meeting I had to continually wipe the sweat from my brow as it continued to flow. It was very embarrassing and hardly professional.

Finally all the documents were signed up and I got up to leave. As I bent down to pick up my bag - OMG - I noticed that I had left a bum shaped sweat stain on their white couch!

I was MORTIFIED. Had they seen it yet? I panicked. My first thought was that I had to hide it. I noticed a nearby empty shopping bag and casually dragged it over the spot where I had been sitting. I said a quick goodbye and fled the scene of the crime.

As soon as I was back on the street I panicked again. You idiot Richard! Why'd you try and hide it - now they are going to think that you peed on their couch!

The next day I called Bill and explained what had happened. "No problem Richard. We were planning to throw out that couch anyway"

Anyone want a house call?

LOL! Too funny! Poor Richard. I've seen that happen before. I'm sure they understood exactly what happened. And his response to your "confession" was very gracious. :)

It reminds me of my pee story Richard. 40 years ago, my husband was in the Canadian Forces and had a temporary posting to Lahr, Germany. I scraped together a hundred bucks, caught a military flight, and booked a room in an old inn near the Black Forest. My room was on the third floor, the bathroom was on the first floor. Lights in the inn were turned off at 10 PM. My room had a sink in it at the foot of my bed. I had to pee at 3 AM. Decided I was too scared to go down the stairs in the dark--so I would pee in the sink. Well the sink promptly broke off the wall with my weight sitting on it (and took all the sink on my backside with it). Water spurted everywhere and I couldn't find the shut off valve. I lost my fear of the dark and raced downstairs and phoned my husband at the base to tell him to come quickly to help shut off the water as I had peed in the sink and broke it off the wall. His response, "How on earth could you be so stupid?!" I have never forgiven my husband for being so rude to me in a time of crisis <LOL>. I lied and told the staff of the inn that it had broken off when I put my suitcase on it. They charged me $50 bucks to fix it, and I could tell they didn't believe a word I said.
Laurel

Laurel - that is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard. Tops mine by a mile.

I bet the expression on your face was priceless the moment you first felt the sink pulling away from the wall.

Richard it took a few years before I ever started telling the story. I was a 19 year old new bride at the time without much self-confidence--so telling anyone that I peed in a sink in Germany took a little maturing to see the humour in it. <g> I like your sweat puddle better!
Laurel

Oh my Lord! You both are too funny! I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. :wink:

Too funny Laurel! I believe I would have done the same thing as you did. So, not stupid at all! Just because you can't stand and pee like he can. LOL! Hmm...I don't think I can top either of your stories so...hats off to both of you!

That was sooooooooooo funny laurel, the mental picture of that will forever remain with me...LOL! Hope you didn't get injured though.

Gee, Richard, I hope you offered to pay for the new one, LOLOL I'd have probably done the same thing--and not called the next day. I'd have been too embarrassed.

I can see the headline....

"Local Attorney Sued for Beach on Contact"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back