11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
I posted this about 4 years ago but it is worth including in this section

My wife and I had to do IVF for our daughter – nothing ALS RELATED – JUST SOME MOTILITY ISSUES (SORRY FOR BEING SO GRAPHIC)

SINCE WE ARE ALL FRIENDS HERE – I HAVE SOME DOOZY ANECDOTES –

ONE INVOLVED BEING REQUIRED TO PRODUCE A SPECIMEN IN THE HANDICAP WASHROOM OF THE FERTILITY CLINIC – IT WAS ON THE GROUND FLOOR AND IT HAD A WINDOW THROUGH WHICH I COULD SEE PEOPLE WALK BY THROUGH THE BLINDS – PLUS THE WALLS WERE PAPER THIN AND I COULD HEAR THE STAFF TALK ABOUT THEIR CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY PLANS “SO BETTY WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS?” “ WELL BILL AND I WILL PROBABLY VISIT MY FOLKS IN OWEN SOUND – AND MY KIDS ARE COMING BACK FROM SCHOOL – HOW ABOUT YOU?” “WELL – TED AND I WILL BE TAKING A CARIBBEAN CRUISE…” - I THOUGHT TO MYSELF THAT "YOU VE GOT TO BE KIDDING – I CAN’T DO THIS WITH SO MANY DISTRACTIONS" – I WAS THINKING THAT I WOULD HAVE TO COME BACK SOME OTHER TIME – BUT THEN I WOULD NEED TO WALK BACK TO RECEPTION THROUGH A CROWDED WAITING ROOM WITH AN EMPTY SPECIMEN CUP AND EXPLAIN THE SITUATION- SO 45 MINUTES LATER….

ON THE DAY OF THE EGG RETRIEVAL – MY WIFE WAS AT THE HOSPITAL AND I WAS SENT TO THE CLINIC A FEW BLOCKS AWAY TO 'PRODUCE' MY CONTRIBUTION – WHEN I WAS FINISHED - I WAS TOLD TO RUN BACK ASAP WITH THE SPECIMEN CUP HELD UNDER MY ARMPIT TO KEEP WARM – ON THE WAY OUT OF THE CLINIC I RODE DOWN IN THE ELEVATOR WITH ONE OTHER PERSON- I WAS A LITTLE PRE-OCCUPIED SO I DID NOT PAY MUCH ATTENTION TO MY TRAVELLING COMPANION - THAT IS UNTIL I HEARD HER SAY "RICHARD - WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? " – IT WAS ONE OF MY CLIENTS – I WASN’T SURE WHAT THE PROTOCOL WAS IN A SITUATION LIKE THAT – DO I SHAKE HER HAND ? WOULD SHE WANT TO SHAKE MY HAND KNOWING WHAT I HAD JUST BEEN DOING? IF i TRIED TO SHAKE HER HAND WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THE SPECIMEN CUP? SO I JUST RAN OUT OF THE ELEVATOR AND TOLD HER I WOULD CATCH UP WITH HER LATER

LOL.

Let your cursor hover over the small green box below your post count. Now I see why we both have a "unknown quantity at this point".

Oh, how funny! We went through the testing also...but I was the "ex-spermiator" chosen for the job. Glad you got your little darling girl, Richard!

LOL.

Let your cursor hover over the small green box below your post count. Now I see why we both have a "unknown quantity at this point".

I never noticed that before. What does it mean? Who comes up with those designations?

Everyone else seems to be on a "distinguished road"

Ann-

And I bet it didn't take you 45 minutes!:shock:

Marianne, Nope!

Ann-

And I bet it didn't take you 45 minutes!:shock:

umm...I thought this was suppose to be a support forum - and here we have a very helpful member and an extremely helpful member ridiculing a poor junior member like me about one of the most traumatic experiences of his life - sob!

Can any of you appreciate the pressure I was under? Every second I was terrified that the staff would start banging on the door demanding to know what the problem was - and then I would have to start all over again from scratch. I also had visions of the vice squad dragging me away in handcuffs with my pants hanging around my ankles.

I still have nightmares about this whole episode - but it's all a big joke to you people

;)

Richard-

Well, this IS the comedy, humor & jokes thread!
And, I just earned the "very helpful member' status"!

And for the record- 45 minutes can be a good thing!;)

Wait a minute now, Richard... How in the heck is this not TMI, but my comments about boogers was?
that just doesnt seem right.
i can for sure understand what pressure you were under... but if i were a guy, id prolly be pretty happy to have it take 45 minutes...
and look what you got for all that "hard" work...
LOL

completely hilarious! You have a way with words.

Last edited:
I just laughed my butt off, again! Many thanks!

Heading for the duct tape!

Ah-oh, Ann. Looks like we'll have to be on our best behavior.;)

With all of Richard's "complaining" :)roll:) about being a "junior member" after all the time he has been a member, looks like the only way to quiet him :)lol:) was to make him a MODERATOR!

CONGRATULATIONS, RICHARD!

Look out everyone; may be in for a bumpy ride!:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Congratulations Richard!

Roll out the red carpet! here comes our newest moderator! geeze and your not even an extremely helpful member...
Good for you Richard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back