Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Don't get me wrong - I think Modeltaker is one of the most amazing programs out there. It is such a comfort knowing that even after I've lost the ability to speak I will still be able to talk using a synthetic version of my voice. All for free. I owe the developers of Modeltalker a huge debt of gratitude.

As it becomes more and more difficult for me to speak, I've started practicing with the program - and I've uncovered an insidious side to Modeltaker.

Now every time I have a disagreement with my wife - she takes the computer, types in the response she wants to hear, presses "speak " - and with a "click" I'm agreeing with her.

"Of course dear, I'd much rather watch taped episodes of Oprah instead of the Superbowl"

"By all means, go right ahead and re-decorate the house in pink"

"You're quite right dear, Angelina Jolie is looking haggard"

And the problem is I'm usually swayed by such an eloquent and knowledgeable sounding voice. ;)

But I have to find some way to password protect the program after I caught my nephew typing in: "I look like a monkey and smell like one too"

Last edited:
Ahhhh the joys of wives and children.

AL.

You know that your wife doesn't really need your agreement anyway and is just doing you a favour by typing your words for you!

Barry, Beth has trained you so well... ;-)

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that is too too funny

You know that your wife doesn't really need your agreement anyway and is just doing you a favour by typing your words for you!

You're quite right - she's just simplifying my life.

It's like when I asked my wife if there are certain times when she becomes more irritable- and she graciously explained that she never gets irritable it's just that I regularly get more annoying

Last edited:
Now that is funny!

some very good ideas! funny but my mind is ticking!

I wish my husband came with an"off" button. What a dream that would be. Actually just a mute button would do!

Dreams...............:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back