08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Last edited:
Nice new thread! thanks both of you for the links. BTW, my neuro looks a lot like Dinah Shore, but with blue eyes... I wonder if she sings...

Remember these on Star Trek!?! How..can..you..for..get..the..halt..ing..voice of Captain Kirk?

Last edited:
Ach Captain, they're nae Tribble at all!

cj,my best friends nick name for me was basil brush when we were younger...............said i laughed like him lol.

i had a HUGE crush on captain kirk...........old star treks are the best.

Olly,

Did your crush on William Shatner carry over to his character on Boston Legal? Those Canadians... the long, cold, dark winters strike again.

If you're still interested, he might be able to fit you in. He's had four wives so far. One for each season. Better hurry though, he's 79.

John

no john,did not watch that...........he,s not as sexy now he is older so i will pass on that.

i did love due south,the canadian ranger was real sexy..........his wolf was not bad either lol.

the nostalgic programs for me growing up was "the waltons" and "little house on the prarie"

i live i a village called walton were i grew up,when i was about 10yrs we went on a school trip for 5 days and there were other schools there.
on a night when we said good night in the dorms the other school kids used to say "goodnight john boy","goodnight grandma" lol.

do you remember the nasty girl with blond wringlets in little house on the prarie.
i always remember the episode were she faked being paralysed and the doctor stuck a pin in her feet..........she did not flinch but it made me flinch lol.

they still show them on satalite.:p

Catherine,

No I didn't watch Little House although my kids watched some of the later shows. And I guess cap'n kirk IS a bit old for you. I hadn't realized 'til now that that you're almost a kid yourself. Only 10 years older than my son.

I did watch lots of the Waltons and enjoyed that. I just looked at your albums and there is a picture there of an idyllic path next to a canal and another of a spring woods which must be near Walton. How beautiful. I hope you can access them. England has some of the loveliest countryside I know.

John

hi john,the canal and woods are 5-10minutes walk away and its were we played when growing up.
the downside of being so near is we get foxes round on a night and now its getting dark early we have to make sure the cats are in by 9pm.
oh i can think of so many wonderfull places in various countries,like in your avatar............the canadian rockies.

i,m a kid!? have not been called that for sometime but at 43, hey! i,m not complaining.

you take care.
caroline

NELLY, that was her name, she had the mean and nasty mom, and the dear of a father. I love the old time show's. Loved Happy Days, Tom Bosley (the dad), just passed away last week, brought back such memories.
Fox, oh my, they are a lovely animal, but not when your little kitties are concerned. We went to a Navy Football game last week (Annapolis Maryland), a Red fox was in the stands, they had to get a trap and a noose to safely remove him from the area. He was a beauty, my son got video from his phone. I joked that he must have smelled the Navy goat, (2 live goats on the sideline).. and they even had the Marine Core bull dog at the game. I loved seeing all the animals at the game, my husband gets a kick out of how animal crazy I am..
Whenever anyone is sick, my second thought goes to the pets. I get so upset about them, just like my friend Olly.

We just spent the other night watching Get Smart. Hubby also has the whole "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Thinks my new washer sounds like the happy doors. :p Have been watching "Dr. Who" like crazy here. Found a page on the web that has all the shows.
And I'm the one who lives in the Canadian Rockies!

nelly thats it,i will think of an elephant if i forget again......thanks dear h4c.
foxes are lovely but not when you have small animals.
you know me,i love animals and would not hurt them but if a damn fox hurts one of my cats i,ll shoot it.

i loved happy days as well with fonzie.
there are so many great old british sitcoms as well.

by the way,i have put ollys picture back up for now...........its 3yrs tomorrow when my baby died.....still miss him every day.

hi john
...i,m a kid!? have not been called that for sometime but at 43, hey! i,m not complaining...
It's all a matter of perspective.;)

Caroline, sending sympathy on Ollie's anniversary. Our beloved pets are definitely "Nostalgic Stuff". I have a visitor who brings her dog, Baxter...the world's quietest Chihuahua. He makes no sound unless Phil or someone else comes in the house. Baxter is my adopted baby--I'm proud to say I'm the first person outside of his immediate family he'd sit on and also kiss. Here he is from yesterday.

Attachments

• 100_0399.jpg
    100_0399.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back