Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Emerald
I just wanted to find a place where we could come to if we don't want to rant, drown our sorrows in liquor or not bum anyone at tea. You can bring the whine, I will be here to serve the cheese. I have 2 wonderful shoulders to cry on and I am open 24/7. Come on in the doors are open.

Yay, Dorothy! You are such a wonderful person and thanks for this new thread! My little whine today is that I have just way too much to do and there just aren't enough hours in the day and how in the heck are people supposed to get through all of the stuff that's piled on our plates these days. To top it off, my deadbeat ex has requested yet another reduction in child support (how much lower than $45/week can you go?) so now I have been given yet another pile of paperwork to fill out on my finances for friend of the court, ugh.. Whew, I'll take havarti cheese with that whine, please! Hoping you're having a good morning, Dorothy!. :)

Last edited:
Sharlene,
The cheese is served and oh my goodness I guess we are just going to have to take your sons jeans and cut them into shorts and hem them and the same thing goes for the long sleeve shirts. And can we buy 1 shoe this week and the other next week? Prices are going up in my part of the country not down. And I don't know how old your child/children are but a teenage boy can eat you out of house and home. As for the paperwork, make sure you complete yours first page by page and when 1 page is done give yourself a few minutes to pat yourself on the back or come here and I will tell you job well done. Just think of it as 1 page at a time not the 15 staring you in the face. I know you can do it Sharlene, I'm standing tall with you and every sheet you accomplish is 1 sheet closer to your goal!
Toto

Dorothy,

Congratulations on opening your new shop. I wanted to wish you much success in this new venture. I've brought you a beautiful baked brie topped with a mixture of mustard, chopped cranberries, apricots, and almonds encased in a golden brown crust of flaky croissant pastry.

My whine this morning is that I'm not living near my youngest in the area served by the Hudson Valley ALSA. My youngest flew in from NY yesterday with a report on her second visit to their support group on Tuesday evening where she learned that they have a waiting list for use of a wheelchair accessible van. I haven't all the details yet, but considering the cost of purchasing one, I'm bummed.

Again, best wishes for a thriving first day!

Deb, Once it got difficult for Bob to move his legs we we started renting a wheelchair accessible van on an occasional basis

rather than buying one. We started doing this about six weeks before he passed, not knowing of course but we went on family outings which was good for all of us. We had home visits from nurses, respiratory therapists, nutritionists, etc. so didn't need to go out for medical reasons once Bob had progressed. You might even be able to ask the rental companies for a discount. They were very kind to us.

All this cheese sounds delicious. It's too early here to start on the whine!

Take care. Yasmin

Dear Deb,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the brie. I will set this out for everyone to enjoy. Now to your problem.

I know of many places to get you started in your search, so I hope these will help you and others. Right now, I am using the Office of Aging busses. For a nominal fee ($2) the bus picks me up, delivers me to my appointment and then returns me back home (and a caregiver). They will be taking me to my next appointment 3 hours away for $50. It would cost me more than that in gas and I don't have to drive.

Now to purchase one, I have several options available. Many states have Craigs lists, Pennysavers and auto traders. There are other options such as; the state auctions and the medical supply company where you purchased your wheelchair from. They not only do the upgrades to the vehicles but often times will resell trade ins for former owners. This should actually should be your first stop. They can tell you what to look for in a van. As a last resort, if you must purchase new, make sure the finance company is willing to give you a 10 year loan. Tkese should be tax deductible. And if you are not ashamed to beg, you could do a writing campaign to local dealers (usually in the larger cities) to see if one would be willing to donate the vehicle and you pay for the conversion part. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Good luck and happy hunting. Please let us know what happens.

Toto

Last edited:
Welcome Yasmin. And it's never too early for our whine!

Found it! I love it! It's like Dear Toto! I'm just came for cheese and a read today but if I put my mind to it can probably work up a whine. The brie nice btw. Let's see..... oh heck I can't think of one, I'll come back later I feel sure! Okay....it's GREAT Toto, good going. And I love the open all hours feature. 24/7 works for me.

My whine this gorgeous morning is that I can't keep house like I used to and my sweet husband has better things to do and he really does. A clean house and healthy plants (I have an addiction to huge house plants) were/are very important to me. Everything needs a wipedown, beds need to be made, floor that needs vacuuming, kitty barf spots that need Resolving, fridge shelves need cleaning, the microwave is getting splattery, Laundry needs doing, and on and on. I can hardly bathe and dress myself. It bugs me! Brad does vacuum every other week. And he does do the Laundry on Sundays, we just got behind when we went out of town. I need a housekeeper! I sure don't expect my husband to do it all. He does enough. Thankfully, my Mom is going to stay with us in May. She'll help me with it. *big sigh* Thanks for listening! :) Now where is that cheese?

That was a good one, Marta, but hardly a whine at all - that's all so totally understandable. I was looking for havarti, but Deb brought some amazing brie that sounds scrumptious!

Pie found my whine! I so hear you, so hear ya. Glad your mum is coming, she will get you back up to snuff and then you can sit and watch it all go down hill again! UGH, make someone look after those plants, they can't wait for mum.

Love it!

Ok my whine today..not so horrible but it will work. Had to take my puppy to get Kennel Cough shot. I have had problems with vets and am trying to find a new one. The last one I had, made me wait with my dog in the waiting room with 10 other dogs...mind you it was a small waiting room...for 1 and a 1/2 hours! I had an appt. And they didn't have any emergencies. They were that far behind and didn't care to call any of us to let us know . My dog, ...doesn't do well with others. So the whole time she is there whining, whimpering..and I am basically on my hands and knees holding her down to the ground so she wouldn't start going crazy barking at other dogs.

Anyway...went today to a petsmart with a hospital/vet inside of it. I called 30 min before hand and asked if there was a wait...no wait. perfect. Get there, get shot, wonderful. While paying, the lady who had been very nice to me up to this point said...well we can't guarentte it won't be longer next time. We can't do special favors for your dog to get them in a room if they won't get a long with others. I said as long as it is not an hr and a half it shouldn't be a problem. Then she said, well you never know, and just be aware...your second appt won't be as nice of a quick in and out. Do they want my service or don't they? What the hell!

I figured I would be nice and tell them straight off the bat she has problems ...to avoid problems. They should know better...they have training classes and my dog took them there! It wasn't like I made my dog this way on purpose. I saved her from the shelter and she, like every other person or animal...comes with baggage from her earlier life. I think it would have been much worse if she started going into terrier attack mode by not telling them that the cat passing might be mistaken for dinner.

Well I guess I will continue looking...this is not going to do it for me either...you think if you were a vet you would be more understanding of ALL temperants of animals.

There is my whine...pass the Cheese Toto!

Maybe find a small clinic that you can make special ahead of time arrangements with. Mine puts me in a room right away and just charges for any meds. In/out, no charge if no meds. Talk to them. In fact, talk to everyone. You don't need to take people not treating you right. Don't allow it Kel. It's really easy! Say, if you want my business, or attention, or me, work with me! If they don't, leave and don't go back. Repeat until you find what you want. That's how it works.

Sally, I really don't expect things to be perfect, I just wish they were. My fantasy. Well, I think I'll do a few laps in the bath tub and maybe clean the microwave. At least I can sit down for that. :D

Ladies, I have been growing tropicals inside and this fall brought in my 4 hibiscus plants. Now total 2 large palms about 12 foot high and a bird of paradise plant so 7. I ask the 2 youngest to water them every other week. Not too much to ask. Or how about sweeping the upper hallway and steps? Or clean the toilets? I had a schedule Mondays were 4 bathrooms Tuesdays were living room and dining room, Wednesdays were bedrooms with sheets washed and rooms swept, Thursday s kitchen and Fridays family room. I can't tell you the last time my schedule was kept. I do know dirty dishes stay on my dining room table until the next Sunday when everyone comes for dinner. I seriously try not to look anymore. And all I ever hear is I'm tired. What at her age I had 1 child going to school full time (23credit hrs) and working full time. Geez paws the brie please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back