Diagnosis
10/2009
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Peachland
WEll, it had to happen. I did what the speech pathologist told me to do. I ground up my meds and put them in water and tried to dissolve them. When I put them down my tube, it stopped up!:sad:

I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried, get any water through the tube and I tried hard! Around 4 am I got up and tried again and when I did, I finally got some of it through with a formidable push! I felt it when it came out!

Now I am so sore I can barely stand it. Did i do something wrong? Did I push it too hard and tear something inside?

I have been through it this week, and ER visit on Wednesday and now this!

time to get out the knives Glen!

chefdeborah

We used an old medicine bottle, warm water, and a milk frother from IKEA to keep my father's meds from clogging the tube. Let me know if you don't have an IKEA near you. I can send you one.

We had our first plug up in a long time. After trying to pull the blockage out with the syringe several times..nothing was budging. I finally had to do the ultimate no no..and put a wire down and unplugged the clog. It did the trick and we were on our way. I am sorry that your tube is bothering you..it might be irritated from the slight tugging and pulling. My hubby's is sore to from the vibration vest he tried out last week. I would just check with your Dr. to make sure all is ok. Keep us posted on how it is going.
Good Luck...Kelly

The clog is probably at the clamp. Hold the clamp open until it doesn't press on the tube any. The smallest dia in the tube is where the clamp is. Hopefully thats where it is.

When you pour the med in do a little and flush with water keep doing it until the med is gone.

It was down in the tube where I couldn't see it...I got it out though. I was soooo sore the next day! Couldn't even stand to move! But now it is okay. I haven't tried using the tube for meds again though. I am calling my pharmacist and see what I can do about liquid meds.
thanks all
deborah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back