Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Lincoln
Today is my birthday and I feel so alone. Even my dad did not remember. He is old and has an excuse, but my two sisters could have reminded him. Seems as though he had me helping him get a card for my brother last month (that would be the brother that does nothing to help us care for my him). Me, I spend every third week staying at his house so he can remain at home. All this while trying to find some peace in losing my husband. That's where I was this morning when he got up his cheery self to find me in tears because he had no card or no idea it was my birthday. Then my sister arrived and wanted to know why I made such a big deal out of such little things. She forgot that this summer when she celebrated her 60th birthday that my husband and I went out of our way to make a steak dinner complete with birthday cake because no one else in the family offered to host a party for her. All this while I was taking care of him just a little over a month before he died. My response to her was when you lose your husband, come back and talk to me about why little things seem so big.
Sorry guys, just had to vent.
The son and his family have asked me out for dinner tonight so it isn't a lost cause, just a painful day.
Hugs to all.
Janis

Happy birthday, Janis.
I'm sorry you're feeling so sad and lonely today. Your sister sounds very unsympathetic. It was a wonderful thing that you did for her birthday and really terrible that she isn't reciprocating.
Wish you were close by, I'd make you a beautiful Creme de Cocoa torte or whatever your favorite is.
May your spirits improve as the day unfolds. Enjoy your dinner out with your son and his family.

Sorry you're feeling this way, Janis. It must be really rough and would be no matter what anybody does/did. It's nice that you're going out tonight. Thinking of you. Yasmin

Happy Birthday Janis, so sorry those that should have remembered didn't. Sure hope you have a nice dinner with your son and things improve throughout your day.

A very happy birthday to you Janis...

...sometimes...the people we rely on most, when they fail and remembering or doing something...it hurts. Birthdays are big days, and you should try to celebrate no matter what other people have done. Make a birthday goal for yourself, or resoultion, or just do something fun! (Go to the batting cages, fun park, bowling, do a puzzle, get a massage, take a walk, watch a movie)

It's your birthday,...and sure...you can cry if you want to ;)

But...giving yourself some time to say thank you to your body, your mind, and your spirit to make another year come true...that will help your birthday, be the most special of all.

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Janis!

Happy birthday Janis, make it your day no matter what. Spoil yourself, who else will.

Happy Birthday, Janis. I know it is not quite the same as a real one, but I'm sure you'll be getting lots of virtual hugs from your forum friends! Hope your day gets better. Hugs!

Happy birthday Janis!

Janis, Happy Birthday to You !, So sorry the others don't get it and probably never will. Glad you will be going out to dinner with your son and his family,try to enjoy yourself, you so deserve some happiness. {{HUGS}}

Thanks to everyone here. Knew there would be no place where all the hurt and emotions would be better understood. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday and a hug!

That sucks Janis. I'm sorry that your birthday was not more of a celebration.

But we can fix that. OK EVERYONE - ROAD TRIP!

I'll be driving down from Toronto taking the I-75 S so let me know if anyone wants me to pick them up on the way.

It'll take about me about 16 hours - so I've made a reservation at 9am for 20 at the Denn's nearest to Janis's house. They said that they can provide balloons and a coconut cream pie with a candle.

*LIKE* Richard's post! yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back