Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
oz
State
oz
City
RURAL
I have copied and pasted the email that I just received from MDA about H1N1.

To: MDA Families
Date: Oct. 16, 2009
The H1N1 Nasal-Spray Flu Vaccine:
What Individuals with Neuromuscular Diseases Need to Know

People diagnosed with neuromuscular diseases are among those prioritized to receive the H1N1 vaccination, and the first doses of the H1N1 vaccine are now being distributed to state health departments throughout the country. While the nasal-spray flu vaccine is currently widely available, the injectable H1N1 vaccine has not yet made its way to most states for distribution. Individuals diagnosed with neuromuscular diseases should not receive the nasal-spray flu vaccine and instead should wait to receive the injectable H1N1 vaccine.

Who does the CDC recommend receive the H1N1 vaccine?
Anyone diagnosed with a neuromuscular disease and any close family members and caregivers. People who are in contact with others with severely weakened immune systems when they are being cared for in a protective environment should not receive the nasal spray vaccine. Click here for a complete list of those prioritized at higher risk of complications from H1N1.

What form of the vaccine does the CDC recommend that people with neuromuscular diseases receive?
The injectable H1N1 vaccine. The nasal mist of the H1N1 vaccine contains a live virus and, unlike the general public, individuals with neuromuscular disease are at increased risk of complications from the nasal mist vaccine.

If my child's school is administering the H1N1 vaccine, what should I do?
Parents of children with neuromuscular diseases should ensure that their child NOT receive the H1N1 vaccination via nasal mist. According to the CDC, children whose classmates are provided the nasal mist are not at an increased risk of infection due to exposure. Click here for more information about exposure to people who have received the nasal mist.

For additional questions regarding the nasal-spray flu vaccine, log onto the MDA H1N1 Resource Center.

An ounce of prevention … will help to protect you and your loved ones this flu season.

This is news to me. Thank you for posting it.

Thanks for the info.

indigosed, I hope you don't mind but I posted this also to my facebook . Thanks for posting this

I really wish I would have seen this. I knew Jim couldn't get the nasal mist - but I got it. It was my last day at work on my 2nd job and I figured I would get 1 last thing from them. I thought I was doing a good thing. I guess, like everything else it is in God's hands.

I will make sure my kids get the injections instead (my original plan anyhow.) I never thought of checking which vaccine they gave at school - will call first thing Monday.

Thanks for the info.

Rachelle

I am so glad that you all saw this! Shelley, wasn't your last day some time ago? If he has no s/s of H1N1 now you should be just fine! :] I had a reaction to the Flu vaccination 2 weeks ago so I can't even have the shot. :[ Food for thought, have any of you had your PALS gotten the Pneumonia or the Shingle vaccine or had your Dr. suggest it? No one reccommmeded it for my Husband but I think he should have them. I am going to research it.

My last day was Wed. I was "lucky" enough to get 2 days this month (one on a last minute vacation request.) Officially, I am still "employed" there - but no more hours for at least the rest of Oct and Nov and 1st part of Dec.

I got my shot vaccine on Wed - no reaction from me or Jim - thank God.

Jim's Dr recommended the pneumonia vaccine - and he got that and his "regular" flu shot. Still waiting for the H1N1 shots. The Cleve Clinic isn't even giving them to all pt care employees yet d/t shortages. From what I have seen I strongly believe in the shots. I would much rather be safe then sorry.

I received this in an e-mail from my health food store today any thoughts of if this is true?

Subject: DR. RUSSELL BLAYLOCK ON SWINE FLU

this is an email sent to a friend of Dr. Blaylock and is now being
forwarded to anyone interested. Please pass it along. Also note the
attached biography of Dr. Blaylock. Dr. Blaylock is a board
certified neurosurgeon, author and lecturer. He attended the LSU
School of Medicine in New Orleans and completed his general surgical internship and microsurgical residency at the Medical University of
South Carolina in Charleston, SC.

No one should take this vaccine (Swine Flu vaccine) it is one of the
most dangerous vaccines ever devised. It contains an immune adjuvant called squalling (MF-59), which has been shown to cause severe autoimmune disorders such as MS, rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus.
The newsletter for August covers this and it may not be out yet.
This is the vaccine adjuvant that is strongly linked to the Gulf War
syndrome, which killed over 10,000 soldiers and caused a 200%
increase in the fatal disease ALS (Lou George disease). This virus
H1N1 kills by causing a œcytokine storm, which means that it cause the bodys immune system to overreact and that is why it is killing
young people and is a mild disease in the elderly. (The elderly have
weakened immune systems.) This vaccine is a very powerful immune
stimulator and carries the real possibility of making the lethality
of the virus much greater.

I am a nervous wreck. My 8 year old son was home with the flu..high temp of 103.7 today. We all had the flu shot..but not the H1N1. I just received word that a girl that was at a bday party with him on Sunday was diagnosed with the H1N1. Should I call my hubby's Dr. tomorrow to inform them of this situation. I have been keeping him away from his Dad as much as possible..but not always sucessful. Any thoughts on this situation? Kelly

Yes, I'd sure call your husband's doctor. Poor boy, I hope it's not H1N1. Fingers crossed ...

Kelly please let us know how your son, you and your husband are doing! My Gosh!

FYI-

All flu v.c.c.i.n.e.s contain M.E.R.C.U.R.Y , ! and M.E.R.C.U.R.Y causes neurodegenerative diseases, ALS included! Please research ! Your dr will tell you that its only trace amounts and its safe but its not. Dr's only know what they are told, speak to a scientist who knows !

What about the mercury in the seafood?
I think complications from H1N1 in PALS are more dangerous then Mercury in vaccine!

Just an FYI to the first writer of this thread, yes ALS patients are on a priority, but only up to the age of 64. Interesting what serenade said, I am going to look further into this.

I would suggest that everybody (including myself) research the vaccine very carefully before deciding to take it or not. That includes talking to your doctor and neuro. I do know one thing: the hot bed issue on the dangers of mercury and flu shots is way overhyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back