CIDP - Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIARA1

I found this while i was doing a search this morning. I don`t know if its a qauck or not but it says that people with CIDP are misdiagnosis with ALS. CIDP is a treatable disease it also says you can get it from mold exposure which i was exposed to for over 3 years so i don`t know? also says that if CIDP is not treated can turn into als.

best wishes
Kim:)

Hi Kim. What does CIDP stand for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Al,
I googled and found this website with lots of information about Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy. (No wonder it is called CIDP!)

thank you

thanks granny i was gonna have to look it up again so i could tell Al what it stood for. lol saved me lots of time.:-D

thanks
kim

Thanks Leah. Try saying that one after a few wines. There sure is a lot of stuff in that site. You could spend all day there and not see everything. Kind of like Disney World for Diseases. LOL.

I updated the URL for information about CIDP for a variety of reasons. The link was updated to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

The CIDPUSA Foundation website is definitely a bit "shady" and I don't like to think our friendly forum is sending visitors over to that type of website or resource.

Last edited:
David

IS cidp some kind of lie. cause i was in hopes i had that instead. i just came across that when i was looking up veggies and als of all things to find it under so is it a real disease or a money maker?

best wishes
kim

No it's not a lie. It is a disease but that other site was asking for donations and selling supplements. Go back to the link that David has posted and read from a reputable source.

Thanks, David for updating the website URL. I would not want to get thrown out of the forum for sending people to a shady website!

I noticed all the stuff on that website, and was just waiting for Al and some of the other sharpies to give their opinion. Like Kim, I was not sure if it was ligit or not.

I will go and read the site recommended by David.

Thanks again, Leah

Granny, no fear, I just noticed the site you posted and took a look; while there's no definitive answer on its validity I can say, any site requesting money for further information, using a PayPal donation button....well, it quickly loses its "helpful appearance". Not to mention the fact the site used spam tactics to improve its search engine results (probably how you found the site in the first place, a Yahoo or Google search I assume).

While the other link isn't an endorsement or recommendation I do think it provides better information. I can also rest assured that a government site won't sell your personal information (should you submit any) to other organizations or spam-email lists. I suspect this isn't the case with the other website.

I'm not sure about everyone else in this forum, but since posting a few messages around the internet relating to this disease my email inbox has become ABSOLUTELY overwhelmend with junk mail and spam.

I've edited this post and created a new thread about <a href='/forum/showthread.php?t=986'>spam e-mail</a>, specifically disease related spam e-mail <a href='/forum/showthread.php?t=986'>here</a>.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back