CB1977

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
oh
City
columbus
I wanted to post this for everyone to see. When I did some research on this drug, it says that it might also have a positive impact on neuromuscular diseases such as ALS. It is already in existence, was used in Russia since the 80's as an antihistamine.

RECENT ARTICEL IN NEWSWEEK-
http://www.newsweek.com/id/206920

Website where you can sign up to buy this in the future-

We don't advertise for other drug companies so I removed this link. AL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you find it referenced ALS?

All I found it talked about was Alzheimers. I reluctantly leave this links because it has nothing to do with ALS.

Here is a quote;

Like virtually every other expert on Alzheimer's disease, Sam Gandy was skeptical when he first heard about a Russian antihistamine that not only stopped the cognitive decline of Alzheimer's but also reversed it,

You seached for 10 minutes? I posted this at 11:56 and you responded at 12:09? If you feel like taking it off then thats your right as a moderator.

From Wikipedia-
"It is an orally active small molecule that has been shown to inhibit brain cell death in preclinical studies of Alzheimer's disease and Huntington's disease, making it a potential treatment for these and other neurodegenerative diseases. Research suggests that it may also have cognition-enhancing effects in healthy individuals, in the absence of neurodegenerative disease pathology"

From the Prous Science Website-
Dimebolin hydrochloride (Dimebon™) is an orally-available, small-molecule agent that is in clinical testing for the treatment of Alzheimer's and Huntington's diseases-two progressive, devastating conditions with limited treatment options. Based on clinical and preclinical data generated to date, developer Medivation believes that dimebolin operates via a novel mechanism of action and may exert a neuroprotective effect in multiple areas of the central nervous system. Dimebolin appears to block a new target that involves mitochondrial pores, which are believed to play a role in the cell death that is associated with neurodegenerative diseases and the aging process. Dimebolin also blocks both cholinesterase and the NMDA receptor simultaneously. These two targets provide the mechanism of action for all FDA-approved drugs for Alzheimer's disease, although no marketed drug is known to have an effect on both pathways.

You posted the links claiming a potential treatment for ALS when, in fact, they did not mention ALS at all. No further research was warranted.

I wasnt claiming anything Joel. "When I did some research on this drug, it says that it might also have a positive impact on neuromuscular diseases such as ALS." I did not say "this is a treatment/cure for ALS" as you claim? This is my last post on this forum, I will simply PM people going forward. Thanks, take care.

CB I think you're over reacting. I read the link you posted and it didn't mention ALS that I recall. YOUR first post says it might have a positive impact on ALS. Your words, not the articles.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back