You have to READ! Finding Raises Hope for Treating ALS-I knew it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorie

Reason
Loved one DX
Country
Uni
State
Alabama
City
Mobile
I am sorry if I seemed overwhelmed and excited with the finding of this article. I knew it! I knew it! I have racked my brain and tried to beat into others to get my point. I am not of course a Neuro expert by no means. I have always believed this. Here it is!

:arrow: MONDAY, JUNE 15 (HealthDay News) -- Researchers now believe that ALS, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, starts well before its debilitating symptoms appear, a finding that they say could eventually lead to an effective treatment.

Protein clumps in cells that show up only after damage has occurred, rather than at the onset of the disease, appear responsible for the paralyzing course of ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.

University of Florida Press Release:

http://news.health.ufl.edu/news/story.aspx?ID=5332

Lorie-Now we are getting somewhere:!::!::!:

I have now read several articles like this.

Let's hope it develops into something!

True true, that is what you have always said, and yep proof is abound. Thank you gor sharing as always.

"As the disease enters the symptomatic stage in mice, the buildup of protein is rapid and dramatic," Borchelt said. "However, the formation of these aggregates is not the whole story. It is well established that significant damage to the nervous system occurs well before the symptoms appear. The uncontrolled misfolding of SOD1 seems to be confined to the late stage of disease, which is when symptoms first appear, giving hope that treatments targeting this process could be beneficial."

Why cant the Doctors do some type of test (like a muscle biopsy) that will show the protien clumping or the misfolding and be able to give someone a firm diagnosed or all clear? RIght now there is no certain test to say "yes, you have ALS", it seems to me that this could be the test.

It gives hope, thank you for the info.

Thanks for the article, it certainly gives hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back