eireannach

Country
US
State
OK
City
Altus
Hi to All here,

My name is Greg and I'm a new member to this site. I wish I'd known about it when my wife had ALS, but...

When she was diagnosed in March of '05, we were desperate to try just about anything, as I'm sure you all have been there.

......REMOVED LINK......

They speak of chelaton treatments. There is a book called "Eric is Winning" on that site. He (still 3 years ago) was going considerably strong. I haven't looked for much about him since, (metaphorically licking my wounds and missing my wife).We bought it and it had ALOT of helpful things for both PALS and CALS! It's more a natural approach than drug regiment, although Rilutek was the only thing offered at the time my wife was still alive. It's definately worth giving a shot!

God bless you all!

Greg

We know a lot about Eric, if you do a search, using his name, you will find all kinds of information about him.

He is not highly thought of around here.

We do not advertise for him.

Very sorry about your wife!

A guy that runs the lawn service that I used to have do my lawn was all about the chelation treatments and essential oils. When the wife was in the early stages of pre diagnosis he would try to pitch all this stuff on me including this guys book. I am a tough sell as you cannot bullsh*t a bullsh*tter (excuse my french) as my dad always says. I have been in sales my whole working life and am the toughest sell around. A bit of homework and searching on the net it wasn't hard to piece together enough facts to know that this is all smoke and mirrors.

Hey... that's okay. I wasn't trying to make, scam, or "BS a BSER" anyone. It wasn't an attempt to advertise for anyone. Trish and I were desperate to try just about whatever we could as I imagine some people would. Thank you for the rebuke. It just might be God's way of telling me to remove myself from this situation. I was just trying to help.

Take care,

Greg

Man, I am batting a thousand these last few days. Please do not take my comments as an insult. There has been lots of posts in regards this gentleman Eric here and all over. We all are searching for a panacea. Just a warning to all to look before you leap. There are lot's of snake oil salesmen trying to cash in on our fear and desperation. That is all I was trying to convey.

Greg,

I am sorry for your loss.

To me the basic rules are:

DON'T EVER GIVE UP ! I cant yell that loud enough.
Its all about ATTITUDE and energy. You can never have enough of each.
There is a lot of people/recommendations/sure fire cures that want you to do one thing. Give them money.
Do what you believe is right.
Now go forth and have some fun.

Simple EH ?

Glen

I read Eric's book and I am very impressed that he is alive still and funtional. However in my real world I could never afford to do the treatments he suggested, nor would my insurance company pay for anything that is not an approved proceedure for ALS. There are allot of things that I would try but what I want is not FDA approved. I did change the way I eat now what he wrote did make sense. I also do not take traditional medicine they seem to offer nothing that will change the course of my life. Just taking it one day at a time and enjoying my life and family. I will decide as things change with me as to what I will or will not do, I don't buy into much of what the doctors offer unless there is a benefit to it. As a new comer to this site as well! I would have written the same question as you did not knowing that the opinion of Eric on this forum is not great. The people on this sight know way more than I do because I have not experienced what they write about yet. They all have good insight! I hope you will continue to ask the questions you need answers too!

Judy

There is some dispute as to if whether or not Eric was ever officially given a diagnosis of ALS. That may be why he is doing so well.

All I have to say is, it doesn't take long to figure out you've gotten hold of snake oil once you've tried it.

A few fun facts about a "snake oil" treatment:

1. It is never guaranteed to work on the first go-round. You'll always need another treatment.

2. Snake oil is never cheap.

3. It always you leaves you depressed and more broke in the end.

Feel free to add some of your own, discovered snake oil facts (that may or may not be fun).

Leaving no stone unturned has a tendency to get kind of expensive (and there is snake oil under many of them)

Zaphoon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back