Li study published!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent timing, I have my clinic appointment on Wednesday. Be ready Doc with the Rx pad or I'll beat you with papers until you give in.

Thanks for the post and link. I've been checking and checking and now it is published.

Sharonca

lithium study

I am curious...are Doctors at the ALS clinics willing to prescribe lithium? Is there a certain dose that people are requesting? We have a clinic appt this week to enroll in some clinical trials. Very interested in the lithium studies.

Wow! This is exciting news! Perfect timing too, my husband's UVA appt is next Friday. We are definitely going to ask about it.

Thank you so much for the update!
Pam B in Va

I am curious...are Doctors at the ALS clinics willing to prescribe lithium? Is there a certain dose that people are requesting? We have a clinic appt this week to enroll in some clinical trials. Very interested in the lithium studies.

At this point, lithium, which is a very well understood drug, should be pretty easy to get at the doses they used in this study, unless, of course, you are entering a clinical trial for something else that is supposed to slow progression. In that case they will probably want you to wait until after the clinical trial to begin. There's almost no chance of reaching a toxic level taking 150 mg of lithium carbonate twice a day. The important thing is that you want to reach the right blood concentration, so to really do this you need to be tested after a couple of weeks to see if the dosage needs to be adjusted.

This is all such good news. Just amazing something so common as lithium can have such a great effect.

Its nice to when the Rx costs $8.17 before insurance kicks in :)

If you go to the link a couple of posts up you can print out the dosage recommendations and how and when you need blood tests. Very informative with all the info you need to take to your doctor. Good luck.

Sharonca

Now we need a study that tries some sort of cocktail of lithium with IGF-1, IPLEX or maybe creatine.

I know. Now I'm just getting selfish.

The Italians have the IPLEX, too, so maybe they'll think of this.

See you all around,

Paul

italian newspaper story

this a great follow up article ..shows how this all began. seems prominent italian soccer players have been coming down with ALS, so maybe researchers have been pressured in the media..the italians love their soccer stars...this article even make the original publication seem brighter...lets keep our fingers crossed!

http://www.ansa.it/site/notizie/awnplus/english/news/2008-02-07_107179176.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back